New Mastermind Primary: Knights, Screamers, and Customization Choices

Hello all, I have been playing a lot of Masterminds lately and I was thinking that we could easily have 2 more Mastermind Primaries, and a power customization system added to the pets.  

Knights

I am suggesting a set of Tier 1 Knight like henchman who use the broadsword as their weapon, then your next Tier 2 would be pike wielding henchmen similar to the Staff primary this would be good for its aoe uses and defensive boosts which would be good instead of their weapon damage just getting better, finally your tier 3 would be a larger more powerful henchman with a Titan Weapon, and a Shield.  Basically all of these henchmen would have good defenses due to their parry abilities, pretty good damage, and be very thematic.  

Another option for tier 2, could be the Battle Axe instead of the polearm.  

I understand that Masterminds have ranged attacks, for their non-pet primary powers, and I would suggest crossbows using the mechanics of the Circle of Thorns.  

Screamers:
Sound based attacks, probably using the air intake costume piece on the helmets, with the roar animation or just use the standard sonic attacks from Sonic Assault.  Tier 1, Shriek (SA), Upgrade gives it Strident Echo (SA), last upgrade Howl (Sonic Blast).  Tier 2, Shockwave (SA), upgrade Scream, final upgrade is Screech (Sonic Blast), Tier 3, Deafening Wave, Upgrade Shout, Final Upgrade Dreadful Wail.  

The non-pet primary powers would of course also be Sonic Based attacks.  Probably Shriek, Howl, & Sirens Song.  Due to the nature of the sonic blast type attacks you would get some Resist debuff and a shorter range than the ranged attacks of Robots.  This primary would probably be easier to implement than the knight idea above.  

Power Customizations
I also think it  would be very nice if there were variations of the pet equipment in the power customization menu.  Basically for the knight choose Tech, Dark Ages, or Valkyrie.  Screamers could be Tech, Mutant, or Bio.  Each of these would be easy to do, since there are already costume pieces for these, and it would be very nice to have a test version of that so later on you guys can spread that out to the other MM primaries.  

• Like 2

Another option could be to do it in a Celtic style, since we've got the Tuatha and Fir Bolg in Croatoa that we can pull from. To keep the knight theme, having the tier 3 of our minions being the Black Knight with titan weapon and utilizing the models we have from Croatoa for the tier 1 and 2 minions (would also save on having to create new minions).

• Like 2

I like the idea for Knights but would change the first tier summons to Archers, followed by Pikemen, then armored knight with broadsword for last.  The archers being ranged damage would be useful in later game content and soloing

I had an idea for a Knights powerset for Mastermind a while ago.  It came up in a weekly discussion topic when one of the HC team was posting them.  Here's what I had for each power if I recall.

1. Crossbow - Basic crossbow shot for lethal damage.  Same kind as CoT guides or Luddites

2. Summon Squires - Calls up to 3 Squires.  The first Squire wields a sword (lethal damage and -def), the second a club (smashing damage and stun) and the third is an archer who keeps his distance.  1st upgrade adds new attacks, 2nd upgrade gives them a shield (melee defense) and more attacks (the archer gets AoE shots)

3. Aimed Crossbow - Slower and stronger

4. Train Knights

5. Explosive Crossbow - exploding crossbow shot for AoE damage, see Battle Maiden's crossbow attacks in Maria Jenkins' arc.

6. Summon Knights - Call up to 2 Knights.  They look after their squires and cover them with their shields.  1st Knight has sword and shield, second has a mace and shield.  The shields give them melee defense and give ranged defense with training.  Training and upgrading grants new moves with some focus on team support (Grant Cover and maybe something like Centurian's command shout that removes statuses)

7. Crusade - Temporarily buffs pets somehow but I don't think I actually had an idea as to what.

8. Summon Champion - Calls a Champion who wields a Titan Weapon sword.  He is tanky and taunts foes.  Training and upgrading adds new attacks.

9. Upgrade Knights

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.