Right click free look not working

StewDa6two

Playing on laptop and right mouse click nor will middle mouse click activate free look.

Free look is enabled and on demand is set to right click. Changing these around have no effect. Tried new toon same issue. Can only turn using keyboard.

Anyone else

Windows 10

Edited by StewDa6two

• Game Master

There should be two options for camera controls:

In Options, Keymapping Tab, in the "View" section:

• On Demand Mouse Look - Should be mapped by default to the Right Mouse Button.  Press and hold to rotate camera WITH your character autofacing forward.
  • Rotate Camera - Page Up as the Primary Key, Middle Mouse Click as the Secondary key.  Press and hold to rotate camera around your character, locking their facing on release to the rotated position.  (Page Up resets the camera back to the 'home' position behind the character's back, or to recenter your movement controls if your character runs or flies funny.)

Does that help? If that doesn't seem to make any difference, I'd check if you can right click names in chat for the context menu to see if the client is even getting the right click at all.

Also, since you mentioned laptop, are you using a USB or Bluetooth Mouse?  Or a separate pointing device other than the trackpad?  The game is very difficult to play using Trackpad, Trackpoint or other built-in pointing device.  (Especially Trackpads, right click on a Windows laptop can be a guessing game how it is implemented from laptop-to-laptop.)

__

Edited by GM Tock
Last paragraph came to mind shortly after.

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

Let me check those settings again and I'll grab screenshots. As for the mouse I am using a corded and Bluetooth mouse. I am able to right click users names and send messages so that's interesting.

I'm at work right now so it will be a little bit.

Thanks

• Thumbs Up 1

Does that system have any software that would interfere with mouse activity?  Like a helper app or something in the System Tray?

If you're not sure, Win 8 and later you can open Task Manager and in Startup disable anything not made by Microsoft and reboot.  Try the game.  If the mouse works, one at a time enable Startup apps until the behavior returns.  

Otherwise if it still happens with Startup apps disabled, go ahead and reenable them all.

I am not a chat bot, I think.  I just drink a lot of caffeine and type too damn much.

Coming back to Homecoming?  Welcome home!  Here’s a Field Guide!