Villain Story Arc Rewards

Salutations.

I really enjoy doing story content, particularly through Ouro. However, as I played heroes and villains, I noticed a problem.

At first, merit rewards for heroes are pretty scarce.  By level 15, I had maybe a dozen.  On the Villain side, I had over that amount by level 7. More concerning, however, was a huge shift in other directions starting around level 15 and going on for some while. I could spend two hours on my villains and maybe get 20 merit rewards. On my heroes, it wasn't unusual to walk away with 30 or 40. 

So, did some digging on the wiki, and put everything on a spreadsheet.  Here's a summary of what I found.

image.png.a67f998771f8610292387832a893f015.png

I did have not done the higher levels yet, but I can add those in if anyone wishes.  Regardless, this surveys dozens of missions on both sides, and we see that the Red side averages 1 less reward per door on average.  Now, I understand that not all doors are created equal. I have certainly done some doors that take a LOT longer than others.  But unless the heroes' door missions take 30% longer on average than villains, this variance isn't justified.  

Villain players already have a hard enough time getting other players to join their ranks. If anything, Villain Merit rewards should be better to entice people to play Red Side more often, just like we do with double xp on slower servers. I suggest we increase the rewards, on average, by 1, 1.5 or even 2 per door to entice more people to engage in this content.  If more research or detailed data is needed, I'm happy to assist.

Thank you, Phil aka JCServant - @wildlight on Reunion

Edited by JCServant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1

I remember feeling that redside story arc merits were undertuned even back in the Live days, and it's compounded further by the fact that they don't have expansion zones like the Hollows, Faultline, Croatoa, or (until I27 Page 7, anyway) Striga Isle, all of which give a bonus pack of merits for completing all the zone's arcs.

So I'd be inclined to agree that villain story arcs should give more merits than their content length would otherwise justify.

Global: @Reiska, both here and back on live.

I was Erika Shimomura and Nagare Yuki on Virtue during the Live era.

Now I play on Everlasting. 🙂