Revamped all Options Pages

BlackSpectre

Just letting y'all know... I've updated, checked, tested, and reorganized the various options pages at the wiki. Various data regarding options was spread out across 3 different pages. Using the master list of user options and their descriptions from the I24 game files, I created a new page and checked it against the previous wiki pages and the Option.txt file, and grabbed any data that was missing or that was useful.  https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Option_Names_List

Previous lists were in alphabetical order or just copied directly from an old Options.txt file, but I decided to present the option names using categories. Hopefully this will cut down on the amount of scouring people have to do to find the option they want.  I hope.

I also added the actual output from the /options_list command to its page, and copied the default Options.txt file contents under the Options File Structure page. Eventually I might dive a bit deeper into the actual data structure of Options.txt, but for now everything is complete and I can let it lie for long a while. 

I only made a few discoveries, nothing really Earth shattering... added a couple options and several previously unknown arguments for existing options.  At least it's now all neatly organized. 🙂

It occurred to me that there are many options in the Options window that are controlled by various slash commands, and not by /Option_set. In the future, it might be good to set out that information somewhere, but I'm not yet sure how to present that info. Maybe a revamp of the Options Window page? Maybe just listed in the Option Commands Navbox? Don't know.  I'll ponder it.

Anyway, glad to be in good company with all the other Wiki-ites here. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1