Dark/Rad/Dark Sentinel; or, Why I Learned to Love the Bomb (current build and Rad armor thoughts)

Grimm2

When I made my second account, the first character I made was an ice/bio Stalker named Fridge Mold. Ha ha, but it didn't click, and now I had a wacky global name that needed a character. I've been through a few iterations, and I think I've found one that will stick - Dark/Rad/Dark Sentinel.

I'm pretty sure I cribbed this from a Fire/Rad/Fire build posted by @Heatstroke sometime last year. I'm also pretty sure most primaries with a pbaoe/taoe nuke and a pbaoe/taoe, and an Epic pool with a pbaoe would gel with /Rad armor in the same way. So, there's a lot of flexibility here.

Sentinel Rad armor is mostly like its counterparts, trading the multi-target heal/end of Rad Therapy for the click heal/end Proton Therapy. Its native slow resistance is also superb, granting 69% between Fallout Shelter and Particle Acceleration. A Winter's Gift and a single Winter Set slow resist bonus caps your Slow resist, giving you more chances to chase recharge and resist. Being unaffected by slows increases your stability so much.

This perma-Hasten build rotates Meltdown with Rune of Protection and eventually the Melee Core Hybrid Incarnate power. Barrier's trailing 5% bonus can get you to resist cap on most things. Endurance is bleeding from every orifice, so Mystic Flight can be run concurrently with Hover/Stealth/Sprint to give you a poor-man's Combat TP, and you're invisible.

Why Dark blast? Because Mold! I'm also not as snappy at the keyboard as I used to be, and I thought the secondary effect would offer some additional mitigation. The single target chain is functional, if sluggish (Smite helps), but where the build pops is in AoE burst. Procced Ground Zero functioning as a second nuke is no secret at this point, but it's worth mentioning how fun and effective a 4 AoE alpha strike is at erasing most of a spawn. This is something you can do with high reliability 1) because you have the safety of an armor set, and 2)...your build is complete. You are IO'ed out, right? Right?

I wasn't for most of this character's leveling life, just some procs for endurance quality of life, and I wasn't sure if I was going to keep it. Rad Armor on any AT (for me) excels at endurance management, but that's about it. After a full build and the HP/End Accolades, it finally feels good to play. Just sayin', every toon gets a glow-up with IOs, but I find it's quite pronounced with Rad Armor, and I'm glad I stuck with it.

Enjoy, and feel free to suggest improvements to the build. Fridge Mold, away!- ew ick, oh gross.

Sentinel (Dark Blast - Radiation Armor).mbd

• Thumbs Up 1