Character Transfer Bug possibility?

Remora

After playing with the character transfer feature tonight, on all shards, I noticed that if the character transfer service came up at all, it would invariably only allow me to select Reunion as a valid target shard. Coincidentally, Reunion is the only shard on which I have no characters. This, combined with another player's observation that shard transfers appeared to be "one-way", not allowing them to transfer a character *back* from a particular shard, made me think that perhaps the character transfer service may only be allowing shards that the account has no characters on as valid target shards.

GM Fiddleback on Discord suggested I post this up.

Punching a small hole in the rabbit hole here. Whenever I have tried to transfer characters, Excelsior and Reunion are the only two that pop up, despite only having characters on Indomitable and Everlasting. By what appears to be sound logic, I should have Torchbearer on that list as well. Of course I may the anecdotal outlier here, but wanted to off my 2 cents on what sounded like the most plausible idea so far LOL

Adding my personal experience, I'm experiencing similar issues. It takes a solid two minutes to bring up the character transfer UI (with a fairly decent PC) and even then, I only have access to Torchbearer, Reunion, and Excelsior. (The three servers I currently have no characters on.)

From a Dev on Discord.  Sounds like the latest patch created a character transfer issue and when they rolled back that patch today it should be resolved.

Telephone

Last Thursday at 1:41 PM

Addition to the above:

We're aware there is a long-standing issue where for many players it takes well over 30 seconds to load the character select screen (almost every single time, not occasionally).

This is not normal or expected behavior and we have been working to diagnose it for some time. If you are encountering either the above 'busy' message or missing shards in the transfer target list, please include in your report if you are affected by the extremely long time required to load character select.

Telephone

Today at 7:06 AM

@here All shards will be restarted at 1500 UTC (1100 AM Eastern US time; 55 minutes from now). We're going to revert back to the previous build while we continue diagnosing issues with character transfers and memory leaks. Apologies for the off-schedule restart, but there's a memory leak which will result in shards crashing at an even worse time otherwise. Estimated downtime is 30 minutes.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting