So I want tokens that I can drop on others' characters that will turn into goodies when 'opened'.

The general idea is that I can give non-cash goodies to others that can be immediately used, such as access to the portable workbench table, team transporter, or the like.

The first and most obvious answer to such a request is 'Why don't you just give them the inf to buy said goodie?'

And the only response I should give is 'But I want to give wrapped presents, not a card with a check in it.'

There are other reasons I can supply, though:

• I want to give things to people who are squeamish about money.
  • I want to increase the number of people who have the crafting table, but not necessarily the number of people who have huge amounts of influence.
  • Unless I do, in which case I can give both as a starter set.
  • I want to roleplay a Mesoamerican war god who transforms his worshipers into Jaguars.

Yes, that last one is suspiciously specific. It's part of one of my character's backstory, if that was not evident.

I think these could be implemented as recipes or as special salvage. Either would give the recipient the option of trading it to another character should they already have that goodie, or, yes, selling it on the /ah. The difficult part would seem to be the data definition, since the icons and goodies themselves already exist. Special care would need to be taken to make sure that items that increase in cost as you level, such as costume changes, are not abusable.

Thoughts?

Edited by mechahamham
-- Edit Reason : It occurs that 'I want more people to learn the joy of tradeskill minigames' might not be the strongest argument, especially not the way I phrased it.
  • Like 1