More work for GIFT, MAGI, DATA and so on, please

Those orgianizations are supposed to be very important, but all they do is give a few simple, early quests. Later there are a few reasons to come back to them, true, but by and large they are irrelevant. Well, I would rather use my powers for Uncle Sam in some intelligent and interesting work, like what those artifacts around MAGI tell about, than run around rescuing babies from the fire for the neighborhoods, figuratively speaking. Or smashing countless thugs. Where IS the police in Paragon City, anyway? Or special forces? Why does the world need me to disarm a bomb? To fly through the air, swim through acid or see into the ultraviolet when no goggles are around, to contact spirits, move at superspeed - that's a different story. Besides just more work from those people I would like to see quests that require specific powers or powers from specific sets to solve. For example, I might need fire to melt down a block of ice or stop time to freeze the countdown on a bomb. Players would need to find allies for this kind of work. Or there could be events happening high in the air. Right up in the clouds jetpack packing Nazis are conspiring, or witches are having a sabbath, and only flying heroes can break their partying. Or there could be a portal to close up there. Or to open, or to repair, for that matter.

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, temnix said:

Besides just more work from those people I would like to see quests that require specific powers or powers from specific sets to solve. For example, I might need fire to melt down a block of ice or stop time to freeze the countdown on a bomb. Players would need to find allies for this kind of work.

This part I completely disagree with. We used to have missions that required players to team up to accomplish. And they either got skipped or auto-completed. Forcing players to have to team up for basic missions and story arcs is something I have always disagreed with. If players want to team for basic missions and story arcs? They can. They should never be forced to for basic missions and story arcs though. And the whole 'you have to have the correct power/power set to even complete the mission' bit? Hells no.

• Thumbs Up 5