Dark/Ice Built To Solo

icehero

• 3 weeks later

Hi Icehero!

Just thought I'd give you my 2 cents and include an example build with a different philosophy.  I don't really know what you're going for other than looking to increase the damage you do.  So here's my suggestion and build philosophy:

Build Priority:

1. Get perma-dom
  2. Damage
  3. Defense/Resists

#1.  Perma-dom is the most important thing you can do.  Controlled enemies don't hit back.  Building for enough recharge to get perma-dom also increases the damage you do so it works into #2.

#2 .  Use procs and, if possible, avoid recharge enhancements.

#3.  Only after #1 and #2 worry about defense and resists.  You should be locking stuff down, not getting shot/punched.  I tend to think Ranged defense is the most important because after you charge in and use heart of darkness or shadow field you're likely taking a ranged alpha so ranged defense is your friend but can be hard to get.  I like to also get S/L resists to cap or near the cap.  If you need more, I'd suggest using Barrier.  That will plug any holes you have.

On the example build I tried to match the powers you took, I just reslotted with one exception, I dropped Evasive Maneuvers and picked up Possess.  That power and the 6 slot bonuses from Coercive Persuasion are too good to pass up.  Possess lasts a REALLY long time and under domination even against +4 bosses that beat on their friends aren't beating on you.

You should see a huge DPS increase with this build.  🙂 

Example - Dominator (Darkness Control - Icy Assault).mbd