Annoying new camera thing.

K, this new camera thing where it keeps snapping back to front view when you're trying to look around, how do you put it back to normal please? Thank you thank you 🙂

edit, or stop it doing it rather... how do i make it back to how it was before it was messed with.

Edited by Robothenri

1 hour ago, Lunar Ronin said:

Options > Controls > Mouse > "Free Camera Movement"

Set it to Disabled.

Ah no, sorry. That's not done it. They've just changed it on new characters so that if you move the camera with the middle mouse button to change angle, it now snaps back to front view. Never used to, none of my existing characters do it, it's really annoying.

5 minutes ago, Robothenri said:

Ah no, sorry. That's not done it. They've just changed it on new characters so that if you move the camera with the middle mouse button to change angle, it now snaps back to front view. Never used to, none of my existing characters do it, it's really annoying.

Ok, i've found it.

Keymapping - View - Rotate Camera, you have to set it back to 'Middle Mouse Button' only.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Retired Game Master
Posted (edited)

Was just typing.  There's presets in the Options Menu:

Keymapping tab > Keybind Profile > Set the dropdown as you like it:

Modern -- New control scheme for mouse/keyboard. (Left mouse drag is free camera look, middle click reset.) DEFAULT on new characters going forward.

Classic -- Defaults from I27P6 to COH: Freedom circa 2011-2012.  (Don't like Modern?  Choose this and carry on.)

Launch -- Issue 0 control scheme.  (For the folks who are curious, or players from 2004 who miss it... yes, this April will be a milestone.)

Joystick -- Works best with a Bluetooth Controller (pair in Windows first, then enable in Controls tab > Game Controller.

Edited by GM Tock
  • Like 3