Need advice for this Ninja/Kinetic experiment.

I had an idea and I probably should have stopped there.

I haven't tried ninja since CoV came out. My thoughts toward the character is there are mostly melee and I kind of need to be close to them for bodyguard mode. Why not take kinetics to further benefit from that closeness? Hmmmm arrow attacks in melee. Why not, since I am there, punch things in the face with attacks that would cost less endurance?

Thus here is my melee Ninja Mastermind who uses boxing, kick and cross punch.

Spoiler

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

I am not sure on some of the slotting especially Kuji In Zen, but the last two set bonuses are nice.

So any advice?

Patch Notes: Issue 27, Page 5

Ninja

Snap Shot, Aimed Shot, and Fistful of Arrows

• Each of these attacks now grants a 3% chance for henchmen to crit for 30s.
  • The chance does not stack from the same power but each power can stack together, for up to +9% chance if all powers are used.

Smoke Flash

• Recharge increased to 90s from 20s
  • Duration lowered from 10s to 3s
  • No longer requires a target
  • Now hides all Ninja Henchmen, providing 100% chance to crit to the squad for 3s.

Kuji-In Zen (now Kuji-In Sha)

• This power now grants Kuji-In Sha (self heal) to all ninjas.
  • This power can be slotted with heal sets and enhancements, those will enhance your ninja's passives.
  • This power increases ninjas chance to crit by an additional 3% at all times.

Train Ninjas

• This power now grants +defense passives to ninjas.
  • This power can now be slotted with defense sets and enhancements, those will enhance your ninja's passives.
  • This power increases ninja's chance to crit by an additional 3% at all times.

Henchmen

• All ninjas now have a chance to crit at all times
  • This chance starts at 0% but can be increased via upgrades and personal attacks
  • Maximum crit chance outside of smoke flash is 15%

Hi Marshal_General,

I've heard of players taking the Ninjas and maxing their likelihood of making critical hits.  Critical hits increase damage output, thus you kill things faster.  To do this though, you would have to take the Ninjas' attacks.

I recommend that if you want to punch the baddies, try 2-boxing a Brute out front with a MM on follow.  A /Kin following you around is very nice.

Lastly, I would drop Hasten from your build and pick up Teleport Target.  With this power you can TP any henchmen that get stuck and/or use the power to pull baddies.  Teleport Target is also nice to have for other players when ya team.

I have a 50 Ninjas/Cold from 2019 that used the Fighting attacks to draw aggro and tank in Bodyguard mode.  It helped that /Cold was specifically picked for keeping the oft-dead ninjas alive long enough to crit and absorb damage, but it can definitely work!

Using the MM attacks to up crit% is a wonderful revamp and may make for the best way to generate DPS but Ninja MMs played without it for years so if you don't want to then just skip it - not every character wants bow attacks!

However I did roll my latest MM as a Ninja/Trick Arrow, specifically to use the bow

I am going to put off getting Smoke Flash for right now. I am going to watch the ninja's attack rhythm to get an idea how many attacks will actually fit in that 3 second window. Right now it looks like I will be lucky if every ninja gets one attack in. Most likely not ever ninja will get their attack in. Right now they do a ranged attack, a few seconds go by and then they run in for melee. I can see them missing the crit window.

• Thumbs Up 1