Ninja/Poison

LNXFOX

I know that Ninjas were updated recently, but I ran Ninja/Poison to 50 back on live and it was painful. Replacing Venomous Gas with Noxious Gas as the T9  (and having it be a 20s click with a 300s recharge) really kills the set for MMs.

• Banjo 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I've got poison all over the place and I agree with @Uun.  I really want it to work with my MMs, but it just falls flat.  I know that's not what you're looking for @LNXFOX and maybe someone does, but as fun as ninjas are poison just doesn't help them in the way it should.  I've tried ninja/psn since the update and got it into the 30s (with all the pet uniques for improved survivability).  It does reasonably good in small encounters.  But the small splash debuffs and single target heal make it a chore (for me).

If anything since Noxious Gas is obnoxious.. I wish they'd at least give it an AoE heal.

But you do you!  If it's fun for you knock yourself out!

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the input @Uun and @evetsleep. I know it's not a meta pairing, but I like it thematically. I've been asking in discord for a few days now and haven't really gotten a build response. I'm not good at slotting a build, and all I'm asking is for that.

Edited by LNXFOX

I don't have a build, but here's how I would slot the powers. I would be inclined to skip the Ninja archery attacks and proc out Neurotoxic Breath and Paralytic Poison instead.

Ninjas

Genin: Edict of the Master and Call to Arms +def uniques. Slot balance with Edict of the Master and/or add the Sovereign Right and Expedient Reinforcement +res uniques

Snap Shot: Skip

Aimed Shot: Optional (if you want a ST attack). It does crap damage and only accepts two %dmg procs (one of which is purple).

Train Ninjas; Slot w/ 2x def IOs or a Defense set

Fistful of Arrows: Optional (if you want a cone attack). Damage is crap but it accepts several %dmg procs (proc chances aren't great).

Jounin: 6-slot w/ Command of the Mastermind or Mark of Supremacy

Smoke Flash: Optional. Only requires 1x recharge in the base slot.

Oni: 6-slot w/ Command of the Mastermind or Mark of Supremacy

Kuji-in Zen: Slot w/ 2x heal IOs or a Healing set

Poison

Alkaloid: 6-slot w/ Healing set

Envenom: 6-slot w/ Accurate Defense Debuff set OR 3 pieces of an Accurate Defense Debuff set and devote remaining slots to %dmg procs.

Weaken: 6-slot with Cloud Senses (Accurate To-Hit Debuff)

Neurotoxic Breath: Optional. This is a narrow cone slow with a 25% chance of a brief hold. MM values for slow aren't great, so needs a couple of slots if you want a noticeable effect. Accepts two %dmg procs, which are almost guaranteed to go off (will do more damage than Fistful of Arrows).

Elixir of Life: Most amusing rez in the game but generally skippable. Requires no slots. Can be a mule for the Steadfast Protection/Gladiator's Armor +def unique.

Antidote: ST mezz protection with 90s duration. Skippable, unless you plan to spend 1/3 of your time applying it to your henchman. Requires no slots. Can be a mule for the Steadfast Protection/Gladiator's Armor +def unique.

Paralytic Poison: Non-damaging ST mag 3 hold. Skippable unless you want to slot it with %dmg procs (will be more damaging than Aimed Shot).

Poison Trap: 6-slot with 2-4 pieces of a Hold set and 2-4 %dmg procs. You want to use this every time it's up.

Noxious Gas: This power accepts only end reduction, recharge and range enhancements (the -def and -tohit aren't enhanceable).  I would slot 2x recharge IOs and 1x end red IO.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Agree with @Uun  on the slotting, but I just wanted to add that often I take the arrow attacks for the crit chance bonus for the ninjas, not for the damage.  Keeping them going gives 9% (3% each attack) increased crit chance to all the ninjas for 30 or 60 seconds (can't remember how long).  The attacks don't even need to land to get the crit bonus.