What all do i need to do to keep my characters april 1st?

torment

I have 2 accounts.  I have linked my beta-server account, but cannot link my non beta account.   Do only beta accounts need linking - or am I doing something wrong?  I have a game account for both.   Followed all the steps, just not getting the link option for the one.   For what its worth i sent a beta request to my 2nd account thinking it might do something......   

Also, reading through here, i see homecoming now has the rights for the game...... and NCSoft has been sending updates to user agreements.   Do I need to complete those NCsoft things to continue here?

Anything else I need to do to make sure i don't lose any of my characters april 1st?

Apologies for being slow, and thanks in advance for any and all patience and help.   I've been away for a while because of reasons, and had not intended to return for a bit yet..... but there seems to be a deadline on transferring stuff for april 1st..... so i'm struggling with this to catch up.......

Edited by torment

If you have a Closed Beta account, and you linked that, you're golden.  If you mean your Homecoming account by "non-beta account," then yeah, you can't link something to itself.

Homecoming doesn't have the rights to City of Heroes, but it does hold a license.  NC's user agreement update has nothing to do with Homecoming.  It just so happens that NC updated its user agreements recently, but it's a coincidence and involves Blade & Soul, Aion, and Lineage II.  It has nothing at all to do with City of Heroes.

• Like 1

• Game Master
Posted (edited)

Concerning Closed Beta account specifics like multiple accounts, you'd need to pose the question at that forum.  We can try to get an answer, but cutting out the middle-men and getting it from them would be more accurate.

As far as I know, one HC Account can be linked to multiple CB accounts but only one HC account (doing it again with a 2nd HC Account replaces the prior login), with matching character names 'appended' a number ("TurboHeroGoon", "TurboHeroGoon1").  The process only needs done on Closed Beta's side, by logging in with a Homecoming Account, you're granting permission to move the data to your HC login when the time comes.  (The characters will be on Vanguard, not a Live in-game shard.)

Again, I'd ask them the same question on their side to be sure of that.

4 hours ago, torment said:

[...] and NCSoft has been sending updates to user agreements.   Do I need to complete those NCsoft things to continue here?

That email is a separate request.  That email went to all current/former players (I last used their account with City of Heroes pre-Shutdown, myself) informing them they are migrating to a single account management system for all products.  You are free to act on that email however you wish.  It has nothing to do with Homecoming Servers.

Edited by GM Tock
  • Like 1

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

• Game Master

If you received the email, you were at one time a part of Closed Beta (aka Paragon, 'the secret server' or other nicknames it had over the years).  If you want to keep your characters from there and use the Closed Beta client in Homecoming, you need to act.  (Their website is where to do it: the Game Account panel you use to change your password similar to here will have the "Log In To Homecoming" link.  Do that, and you're done.)

If you don't care to keep logging in there, you can ignore it, but they are going to finish the move at the end of the month.  March 26th specifically is the point of "too late".

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.