Color change while moving!

So I've seen this request before but never a solution. Someone in-game asked and I worked it out while logged in. Thought the basics were worth posting even though there's some refinement to be had.

If you want to change color while moving (and change back when you stop), and you have control of your SG settings, here's how. You are limited to whatever colors you assign your SG and whatever of those you select for SG mode color change, so set that up first, for the colors/scheme you want to display while moving.

Then dump these two files in your [GAME]/settings/live folder:

[sg-off.txt]

CTRL+W "+forward$$sgmodeset 1$$bindloadfilesilent sg-on.txt"
CTRL+A "+left$$sgmodeset 1$$bindloadfilesilent sg-on.txt"
CTRL+S "+backward$$sgmodeset 1$$bindloadfilesilent sg-on.txt"
CTRL+D "+right$$sgmodeset 1$$bindloadfilesilent sg-on.txt"

[sg-on.txt]

CTRL+W "+forward$$sgmodeset 0$$bindloadfilesilent sg-off.txt"
CTRL+A "+left$$sgmodeset 0$$bindloadfilesilent sg-off.txt"
CTRL+S "+backward$$sgmodeset 0$$bindloadfilesilent sg-off.txt"
CTRL+D "+right$$sgmodeset 0$$bindloadfilesilent sg-off.txt"

Then, in-game, /bindloadfile one or the other. Movement with the Ctrl key pressed will now shift you to SG color (and chest detail) while moving, back to regular when you stop. I put it on the CTRL keys because I use a walking bind on W, and to integrate the two will take some time and a lotta bindfiles. So this setup is more for fun or alternate-movement color change.

Wasn't sure it would work at all, what with cooldowns and other hurdles. But it works perfectly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

To quote my favorite nigh-invulnerable superhero:

Neat!

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)