Council Jannissey Heights mission

I remember completing this mission back in the day and it being pretty frustrating. Last night, I got it for the first time on Homecoming and I couldn't find all seven aides, the Congressman or Archon Chaney. (I did remember the group on the top level of the parking garage.) I ended up spending all 90s minutes in the map and ungreyed as much of the map that was possible.

So I was wondering if there's a guide out there for this mission that could help me when one of my alts encounter that mission. So far, my google-fu hasn't been successful.

• Banjo 1

There's a reason for that.  Jannissey Heights is a "tram location" used in numerous missions.  Anybody could issue it.

But the mission title is something else.  Do you mean Laurie Pennington by chance? https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Laurie_Pennington

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

I am not a chat bot, I think.  I just drink a lot of caffeine and type too damn much.

Coming back to Homecoming?  Welcome home!  Here’s a Field Guide!

That looks like the mission, tho I don't have Laurie Pennington in my contacts, active or inactive.

Yeah, that's the title of the mission, IIRC, where you're supposed to save 7 aides and one Congressman (Mills? I forgot to take note until it was too late.)

• Banjo 1

• Game Master

The mission is timed, alas, so it doesn't appear in Ouroboros.  You'd have to be Level 25-30 to do it (if Laurie isn't a contact in that range and you're not terribly close to 30, completing a Safeguard mission would grant her as a contact after doing some radio missions.)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

• Game Master

Judging from either contact, it appears to be a typical instance mission.

There is not a lot of guides covering every mission in City of Heroes because save for specific missions in Task Forces, major story arcs, or in trials, the map is procedural-generation, so there's an excellent chance the map layout is scrambled with every visit.  It's not exactly "No Man's Sky" complex, but rather, like a pen-and-paper map with tiles to shuffle and draw from a stack forming a map for the "next" encounter.

Even if it's not (Shooting Stars/Hearts of Darkness Story lines), the mob/glowie placement and difficulty can vary with every load.  The Homecoming Wiki info is likely all there is to know in advance.

• Banjo 1

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.