My list of most needed additions to the wardrobe

There may be small details for costumes that would be nice to have, but here is my list of clothes there is a clear dearth of:

1. A medium-length jacket, esp. for women that is not a buttoned-up vest, a French, a whatever it is called that Doctor Evil wore etc., and without a vertical zipper. Also some way to place very big patterns on the front of clothes - dashes, broad stripes etc.;

2. A longer jacket that is not, however, a coat. Anything like this is only available under "Robes" - Warrior etc., and those are kind of exotic and cannot be patterned;

3. Very broad but form-holding jeans;

4. Broad and flared jeans - to go to disco to;

5. A skirt half-way between Short and Long, fuller but form-fitting.

6. Gloves and greaves or boots of a non-generic shape that are compatible with Spiky; Spiky options from elbow up and on the thighs; a spiky spine.

7. Sleeves that follow the shape of arms instead of looking like chimneys; tucked up sleeves;

8. Dress shirts that look like actual office shirts;

9. A policeman's jacket - the PPD and the RIP have to walk around dressed down to their shirts, bravely pretending that they are sweltering in a heat;

10. A fur coat, or better two, one shorter and the other longer (Whatever happened to fur coats? Everybody got so animal-conscious they just shamed them out of existence?);

11. An overcoat that is not a trench coat. A paletot;

12. Earrings and finger rings;

13. Sacks, purses or satchels around the belt, a leather purse bag for women;

14. Collars, standing and turned down, as a head detail;

15. Shitkicker boots, like Dr. Martens. Since this is a T-rated game, they can be called "Excrementpropellers";

16. An umbrella;

17. A hoodie with the hood down, or simply a lowered hood;

18. A low-riding belt or three, even if they use the old models, but pointing down towards the pubes;

19. A DRESS (Whatever happened to dresses?);

20. Patterning for the Korean pants, the genie pants, the Imperial defense pants, the martial shorts and the baggy tops. Patterning is almost the only way of representing fabrics. And completely dull textures, ones that don't reflect light at all, are very unrealistic and flat. On the image below I had to use a head scarf with just such a texture, and it is the weakest part of these clothes. Flat textures should be tuned to be a little glossy.

A month ago I have also suggested inflatable arms - a shoulders/gloves piece that would represent thick, musculur biceps, triceps, forearms and big hands and that could be patterned or kept as a Skin option. This way characters could be given stronger limbs without changing the basic figure meshes. The same can be provided for legs, or a shrinking version. I might be interested in playing a Huge character with enormous arms and short, scrawny legs.

I try to find new interpretatons, but ingenuity only takes one so far.

spacer.png

P. S. How to pay for the drawing and model-building that has to go into new clothes, or for that matter new powers? Bring back the Paragon Store. Homecoming can't continue on fan donations and using unpaid testers for bug reporting like it's some kind of anarcho-syndicalist kibbutz. Not if they intend to bring about major new features. They can release a new power set once every few months as they are, fix bugs and typos, but bigger things take bigger money. The original CoH wasn't free to play, I was one of those who made all that richness possible with subscriptions. To avoid causing grief, Homecoming can do two things. First, any exclusive powers must not be stronger than what everyone gets for free. Different, yes, but not stronger. Especially not in PvP. And second, after an interval, like, six months, all paid powers and features become commonly available. With these two provisos they can have the best of both worlds.

27 minutes ago, temnix said:

A skirt half-way between Short and Long, fuller but form-fitting.

The form fitting part won't work for skirts longer than short because of how the models work. They will break as the character moves.

(Whatever happened to fur coats? Everybody got so animal-conscious they just shamed them out of existence?)

Yeah, pretty much. You can still find faux fur coats though.

a leather purse bag for women

Hand carried or worn over shoulder? As a chest detail worn over the shoulder, it could work. (Edit: Scratch that. Worn over the shoulder on the side, the arm would clip right through it constantly.)

A DRESS (Whatever happened to dresses?);

They break in the game because of how the models work. Extreme amounts of clipping.

The original CoH wasn't free to play,

It didn't start out that way, but it did go free to play. And the HC team already stated they are keeping their current model for game development.

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 1