SS / Regen

liammcder

My SS/regen has, I think, 65 SL res and 55 ENFC res. On top of this, I cycle barrier, melee core and rune of prot. Barrier is perma, and when it + either of the other big mitigation clickies are active I will have at least 87 SL and 77 ENFC res, then the heals and mog take care of the rest. You want to try and refresh barrier while both rune and melee hybrid are down, to get the most of the strong initial 30s.

It's very tough, and it excels against certain enemies that have abnormally high tohit. Heals and regen work equally well against all damage types and don't care what enemies' tohit is. But I think all this really proves is that if you're willing to toss all your incarnate slots, a ton of power choices, and most of your set bonuses into mitigation (plus take a parry set like staff or MA on top, as most other regens are), anything can be made indestructible.

Edited by Zect

On 4/13/2024 at 7:35 PM, Zect said:

My SS/regen has, I think, 65 SL res and 55 ENFC res. On top of this, I cycle barrier, melee core and rune of prot. Barrier is perma, and when it + either of the other big mitigation clickies are active I will have at least 87 SL and 77 ENFC res, then the heals and mog take care of the rest. You want to try and refresh barrier while both rune and melee hybrid are down, to get the most of the strong initial 30s.

It's very tough, and it excels against certain enemies that have abnormally high tohit. Heals and regen work equally well against all damage types and don't care what enemies' tohit is. But I think all this really proves is that if you're willing to toss all your incarnate slots, a ton of power choices, and most of your set bonuses into mitigation (plus take a parry set like staff or MA on top, as most other regens are), anything can be made indestructible.

I have a similar build on my Regen Brute, but I think the real takeaway shouldn't be anything you can do solo.  It should be how the character works on teams, since Barrier Destiny and most common Def/Res team buffs will patch up your stats and allow your character to shine.  You don't have to work nearly as hard, and will have plenty of uptime on 90% Res to several times, if the team just helps you out at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

Choose your weapon:  Okay, I choose words.

I do not believe the false notion that "your ignorance is just as good as my knowledge."