The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

my kat/inv brute

LKN-351

I can't get mids to export a forum post so I'll just use this.

I haven't completed the build in game yet so I have no idea how it plays so far. I thought about going to beta and trying it but there's usually not enough people to make a team and run things so it doesn't seem like its a good option.

Xjiak.thumb.png.bb228400b964ed344eec9dfe8fe691f1.png

Are you looking for Ultramode style, candy coated enhancements and powers?

WELL YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!!

(they're also in the City Mod installer)

I thought about adding more regen into combat tp but i wasn't sure if it was necessary.

I couldn't find any more def to put into Golden Dragonfly either so I never decided on anything.

Hasten should lose a slot and I may go for something besides Achiles Heel in those first two attacks.

Xjiak2.png.de6fb1976fd80f5f06462d1ce125be21.png

Invuln should try to hit 90% SL res and perma-dull pain. Kat should try to have dual -res procs. You miss out on a lot of powerful bonuses because you're not slotting a lot of unique IOs that give attractive boosts for few slots. However, it may be that you're constrained by budget.

Try something more like this:

image.thumb.png.2052f01d4e5b80a489f8a0a03f91cb9d.png

Note the brute's fury ATIO split up into 2 sets of 3x, getting the 5% SL def bonus twice. Since we don't need the SL res, this is a better way of using it.

The empty slot in invincible is for you to put a gaussian's BU proc. I don't put it in invincibility on my own builds since I know it will be fixed some day (same with putting it in Tactics), but this isn't about my preferences.

Ageless radial is for the -def resist and endurance, since this build is not yet eps stable. You can add more defense, damage (procs/musculature) and the epic of your choice. Personally, I wouldn't go past 40% def or 50% non-SL res on a brute, but that's up to you..

Brute (Katana - Invulnerability).mbd

Posted (edited)

I'm definitely trying not to use Hamis, purples, and ATOs. It's already going to take me a while to get the LotGs and the Achilles.

I'll have to DL that and take a bit of a deeper look at it tomorrow.

I'm not sure what eps stable is but I'd hope with 5 LotGs it should be pretty close to perma dull pain but I'm not really sure.

Edited by LKN-351

I would recommend Zects slotting.

Compare golden dragonfly, you seem to be mostly skipping it with generic IOs and 3 slots. While that very rare set he has slotted is likely out of your range, consider another pb melee aoe set like obliteration.

If possible achillies -res procs are great in slow recharge/aoes.

Have fun and take your time with the build, respecs are fairly cheap so focus on running TFs and enjoy the character at 50 to get the rest of the inf you need.

Edited by victusfate
  • Thumbs Up 1

I put two Oblits in Golden Dragonfly, I do need the S/L and mez from the two slot.

You're right, that Achilles proc would do better in those AoE powers, but to get to where I want I don't really see much of a solution. I think i'll take that slot from haste and put it into Lotus Drops for just the Achilles proc though.

I added the Gladiators Armor global for more def and instead of 4x 3 slot of Reactive Armor I did 2x 3 slot of both Aegis and Reactive Armor.

• 1 month later