Not The Onion News... About The Onion (and Onion News)

Just for once, some actual good news from the world of Srs Internet Bzns.

Along with numerous other internet-favourite sites, The Onion got gobbled up by a media conglomerate that didn't know what to do with it and starved it of income, then sold it off in bits (the A/V Club is now its own thing.) For a while it looked like it could go to be one of those portal sites that executives talk about excitingly being powered by AI so they could fire the writers...

...but a company called Global Tetrahedron - one of the site's running gags made real - has bought them out, fronted by Jeff Lawson of Twilio, who should know what he's doing from the business end of things. There will be investment, the team will stay together...and ONN is coming back.

If you never saw these while The Onion wasn't having its profits drained by various vampiric holding corps, it's... I mean...

...look, just watch this.

I can't post some of the other flat-out-best ones because politics ("...they've got me building this hive...") but do go take a look for them.

Okay, one more...

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.