The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Dark/Ice/Soul Tank

Warshades

So I wanted to make a very tanky dark armor tank and decided to go with /ice for the secondary. Aiming to try and get close to 90% resist to all damage types with a single SMoT proc and soft cap melee defense which this build essentially gets to (just slightly short on energy/toxic resist and a bit short on melee defense). However, this build is very short on available slots and I feel like I might need another knockback protection slotted.

Any suggestions on where I can improve the build? I'm tempted to just forego the toxic resist cap considering how rare it is and pull a slot from Taunt, GIS, and Dark Obliteration to get a second knock protection slotted and maybe a 2 set Blistering Cold in boxing for the recharge debuff resist. I've also heard that Frozen Aura can be slotted with CotS heal proc, does anyone know if that has a chance to trigger from each foe hit in mob or will it only activate once?

Tanker (Dark Armor - Ice Melee).mbd

Edited by Warshades

I haven't seen your build yet, but I'll try to remember to take a look at it tonight.

I typically recommend at least 2 KB prot IOs for Dark Armor.

The pairing seems pretty interesting in that you'll have a ton of mitigation due to your res, +padded defense (although that can be stripped, so depending on incarnate choices ageless radial might be a good choice), Oppressive Gloom, and Ice Patch, plus the slows from your attacks. Not to mention one of the best heals in the game.

Call of the sandman was "fixed" from my understanding to only proc off the animation rather than all the affected mobs. That said you have dark regeneration, so you don't need the heal from that IO.

Got it, thanks. I'm thinking for practicality and better slotting I'll give up on getting toxic resist close to the 90% cap. I went with 5 slotted unbreakable guard in the armors and removing a slot gives me an additional 3-4 slots to use elsewhere like Death Shroud and maybe some more rec/end procs in health. The build below is with the changes I made ignoring toxic resist. This one has more global recharge, recharge debuff resist, and mag 11 knockback protection at the cost of about 30% toxic resistance. 

Tanker (Dark Armor - Ice Melee).mbd