My updated Hover-Crabber Build

Posted (edited)

Hey Forums, 

With the SoA tweaks, I have blew the dust off mine and started fiddling with it, and this is what I came up with and has worked wonderfully for me.

Highlights -

-Much better ST Damage, via Longfang, Arcane Power, and Shatter Armor. Especially with Arcane Power Procs, it isn't actually a half-bad ST power. Even the Buildup Proc in Channelgun can help.

-A bit better END management - with no Weave toggle, the END use doesn't feel so crippling.

- 41% Melee DEF, 48% Ranged DEF, 33% AOE DEF

- Significant Resists - Smashing, Leathal, Fire, Cold, and Toxic are all 70% or higher. Energy, Negative and even Psionic is 57% or higher. Considering you are a flyer, this makes you "very" durable! On some Teams I was the most durable one which is kind of funny.

- With Rune of Protection, all your resists will be capped at 85% as a Mini-Barrier when needed.

- Pets - Pets are "near" Perma as a baseline. But with either a FF proc, or Ageless Radial up, they are perma.

Baseline = No FF proc/Ageless - Spiderlings - 187s/200s, Call Reinforcements - 266s/200s, Summon Blaster - 257s/240s 

Pet Defense - 0% (Base), + 10% (Pet Auras), + 17.42% (Tactical Training Maneuvers) + 6% (Maneuvers) + 12% (Support Core) = 45.42% DEF for pets (During Support Core)

Downsides -

- Sadly no Frag grenade. This was removed due to number of slots available. I choose Suppression because it's my favorite crabby power, even though Frag Grenade is arguably better. But if so inclined you can freely swap these.

- While your pets are durable, you will still loose them. But with a stronger ST presence, you aren't as reliant on them either.

-While END is "better" it still isn't entirely free to spam all abilities, at least not without Ageless.

- If so inclined, someone can drop RoP and take Mental Training, to have perma-pets. I however wanted another defensive power to use with Serum, to have another Panic Button.

Q. Why Mace Pool and not Leviathan?

A. Well, honestly I wasn't impressed with the new Spirit Shark. I just had better results with Shatter Armor, plus the Arachnobot fits the theme better. That and as a HoverCrab, I wanted an Immobilize, and you have to be near the ground to use the one from Leviathan. But you could freely swap this with Leviathan or even Soul pools and end up with nearly the same values.

Incarnate Choices 

Alpha - Agility Core. This is to improve Endurance Modification, Recharge Rate, and Defense Buffs. All things we focus on.

Judgement - Many people like Ion, but for my Crabber I actually like Void Radial Final, because it still hits hard, but also gives a 50% Damage Debuff to enemies for 30 seconds, as another way to help your pets with low resistances.

Interface - With my Crabber, I like Degenerative Radial Flawless. Because its Toxic damage which is boosted by Venom Grenade, but also does a -hitpoint debuff. So with that -40% Toxic resist, this ends being great on Crabbers because we are kind of "Double dipping" the Chip.

Lore - Dealers Choice here. I have yet to find any lore pet that makes a huge impact, at least for the pets. Banished or Longbow for more ST damage though, but I wish the defensive pets were better. 

Destiny - I choose Ageless Radial Epiphany, for the +End, Recharge, and Debuff Resistance. Since +DEF is our big strength, its worth protecting it.

Hybrid - Support Core - The double-effectiveness "does" work on the Crabber-pets, giving them +12% DEF, and other nice buffs. They do very well while it is up, but when it wears off is when your pets start to get beat up.

As always comments and imput are welcome. Screenies are included, both with and without RoP on.

Without RoP or any incarnates active -

image.thumb.png.3dc4c6d933329c718ffc643288612db9.png

With RoP Active - 

image.thumb.png.79c377505f84db038e7e3211323bcdb9.png

Hope people enjoy!

PS - Someone pointed out an Error in MIDS. I am unsure "how" it happened, but I actually somehow was able to select 5 Power Pools, and you can't actually do that ingame. No idea how that even happened, but it has been corrected. I had to drop Haste and added Weave as another mule for LoTG Global. So the pets are not perma baseline, but with a FF proc they are. Apologies for the inconvenience, I am not even sure how that happened, or that it was even possible to do. But this is the corrected build and correct Snips.

DarkTech Hovercrab - Updated (fixed).mbd

Edited by Neiska
Added a PS/Fixed Error

3 minutes ago, GM_GooglyMoogly said:

How's endurance without Ageless?  Or without any incarnates?

Not that bad honestly, I still have to use a blue or serum now and then (mostly when doing Ouro content) but at top-end it isn't as bad. I was debating on dropping Maneuvers as well to see how good the END held up but decided on keeping it. But if you are on a Team, you can toggle just Maneuvers off and I don't have any END issues at all.

Without incarnates I had to rely on pay2win powers, attacks and Serum mostly, but as a SoA that shouldn't surprise anyone IMO. But after 24 it gets worlds better as normal. Even without Incarnates it worked pretty well for me. 

It may sound silly, but not using Weave and changing out 1 AoE power for more ST made a lot of difference, as silly as that sounds. The rest was fine-tuning things.

• Thumbs Up 1