Single Plot Base - Floating Glass City

I have a base already, called the Glass House.

It's made of bricks

That is incongruous in itself. But that's probably more a reflection of my (lack of) skills in building.

I recall it was possible to make huge bases - effectively a single plot massive entrance room that is divided by walls we place ourselves. I don't know if that's still possible but if it is, how do I do it.

My vision for this is a large base, not overly large but in a world where I have the ability, multi-level, and interesting for visitors, where most of it looks like glass or at least partially transparent, and preferably floating in space.

That leaves questions such as how do I anchor the floor, made of what, and what goes under it?

I have few building skills and issues withlong attention span so I will welcome any quick tips, advice, suggestions, guidance, what have you.

Like I said I already have a base with storage, TPs etc whcih means I'm probably going to have to build around some of it (unless I can build a base and import it somehow?) so I've probably made a rod for  my own back but so be it.

If you're struggling with the concept, try imagining Superman's Ice Palace melded with Gerry Anderson's Skybase from Captain Scarlet (the original puppet series) but with views outside from inside

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

• 2 weeks later

At the top of the forum is a list of pinned posts. One of them is The Base Building Guide. Start there. Lots of great information in the links there.

• Thumbs Down 1

"WHAT DID SHE TAKE?!"

"The secure laptop in the lab. A prototype plasma hand cannon. Four quantum grenades, a phase field generator, a handful of tracking devices, Rauth's briefcase, body armor, a satellite phone, two SSDs, a Beretta 9mm, and my lunch."

• 3 weeks later
On 5/6/2024 at 3:22 PM, Scarlet Shocker said:

where most of it looks like glass or at least partially transparent, and preferably floating in space.

Shame we can't replace the floor with sky like we do the ceiling 

• Thumbs Up 2