The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Bane Spider Build?

Posted (edited)

I'm fond of mine.  It's a bit of a hybrid of everything has the Huntsman rifle grenade powers for AoE, some pets, and the mace melee attacks.  It doesn't burn through endurance. Although it has a few expensive pieces, I don't really go wild here.  It's effective in both solo and team play. It also exemplars well mostly (it's a little anemic before lvl. 20 admittedly).

image.thumb.png.099ef0c6600c0e893fc9b78a882a2a9c.png

VeneficioHybrid.mbd

Edited by Burnt Umber

I've a full pet-focussed Crabbermind setup on my Soldier's Crab build, so I went the other way on their Bane Build and opted for more "selfish" powers and burst damage.
(Mids is claiming an average damage of 1284 for Shatter, 869.4 for Crowd Control and 477.7 for Dark Obliteration whilst Build Up is active...)

image.png.1462f0bb7bc202087d0c315bf4f74c7b.png 

image.png.74e6271f7922f8e2f31644f6a4f02bf7.png

Arachnos Bane Spider.mbd

On 5/11/2024 at 3:17 PM, Burnt Umber said:

I'm fond of mine.  It's a bit of a hybrid of everything has the Huntsman rifle grenade powers for AoE, some pets, and the mace melee attacks.  It doesn't burn through endurance. Although it has a few expensive pieces, I don't really go wild here.  It's effective in both solo and team play. It also exemplars well mostly (it's a little anemic before lvl. 20 admittedly).

image.thumb.png.099ef0c6600c0e893fc9b78a882a2a9c.png

VeneficioHybrid.mbd 45.55 kB · 15 downloads

Hi I'm using your build with a couple changes: I took assault instead of combat teleport and use a pshift +end and pshift endmod in stamina. I also put lotg +rechs into cloak and stealth it's been a really fun build and I wanted to thank you for the template.

6 hours ago, MizuUeumatsu said:

Hi I'm using your build with a couple changes: I took assault instead of combat teleport and use a pshift +end and pshift endmod in stamina. I also put lotg +rechs into cloak and stealth it's been a really fun build and I wanted to thank you for the template.

No problem!  I'm glad it's fun and works for you.

Been debating with myself on dropping Wolf Armor so I can pickup Combat Jumping + Superjump, but here.  stalker/defense based.

All the ranged Mace attacks suck besides Poison Ray

Wolf Spider AoEs are great and you can use alt animations to fire from mace

AoE def is kinda weak but outside of winter IOs i didnt have much of a choice

And I planned this for exemplaring in mind.  Ya know, healthy amount of attacks at a low level + barebones group support

i understand that Leadership buffs used to be the bees knees when VEATs came out but most of the time I cannot justify the power slot and enhancements to stacking Defense or Assault like that.  And while Tactics always sounds nice I have to drop it due to tightness in builds and hoping other players are also doing their slotting properly.  And if something is doing -tohit, you kill it.

bane.txt

• 1 month later
Posted (edited)

Slight update to my previously posted Bane Build - this character has seen substantial playtime recently, so I've refined the build to work a smidge better across various flavours of level 50 +4/8 and Incarnate content.

Arachnos Bane Spider.mbd

Compared to before:
+ Two slots (the standalone Damage Procs) moved from Pummel into Health and Stamina (Numina and Performance Shifter Procs). Pummel was sitting permanently unused in level 50 content; and the build is rather heavy on endurance - now it's self-sufficient enough to no longer need Ageless when spamming AoEs or ploughing though Carnies/Malta.
+ One slot moved from Cloaking Device into Health (Preventative Medicine unique) leaving 2x LoTGs in CD. This provides a noticeable passive survivability boost.
+ Build Up has dropped the Adjusted Targeting IOs for a 50+5 recharge plus a Rectified Reticle +Perception. This allows for visibility of stealthed/invisible mobs.
+ Surveillance has swapped the Damage Proc for a End/Rech/DefDebuff IO (keeping the original set bonuses intact but no longer inflicting any damage) in order that the power can be used from Stealth as an opener without aggroing the target. I tested slotting an Achilles' Heel IO but unfortunately that also causes aggro whenever it activates despite not actually inflicting any damage.

As before, it plays very much like an Oldschool Stalker.

Typical opener from Stealth is [Surveillance -> Build Up -> Shatter -> Poisonous Ray and/or Gloom -> Placate -> Pulverise] vs Single targets or [Build Up -> Crowd Control -> Venom Grenade -> Dark Obliteration -> Placate -> Crowd Control] vs Groups.

It can occasionally get into trouble due to the lack of any Defence Debuff Resistance - but between Barrier and Placate (plus the pets to attract some aggro in a pinch) the Passive Regeneration and Power Transfer/Panacea procs tend to cover things. Not as hardy as my Crabbermind, but hardy enough - and the damage output being far more controllable makes it considerably more useful on teams/TFs.

Edited by Maelwys