FBSA permissions changes?

Hello citizens of Earth...

It appears the unthinkable has happened...! The Empire has lost edit access to their propaganda page on the FBSA website.

We will not have this and will destroy Earth if our access is not returned!

Okay, joking aside: Has there been recent changes made to who can edit the FBSA pages?

It appears, in our stupidity, we set up our initial page under one account but have made every single edit under another account name.

Where permissions revoked? We, for the the life of us, cannot work out what email address was associated with the original account.

Is there anyone who could reached out to recover details etc?

FBSA: The Grun'Tuk Empire

This account tends to post in character... be warned... or overjoyed.

Yeah, I've had this happen to me too.

Because I've lost access to original accounts and had to make new ones for the sole purpose of editing the ones I created. 

But because of the new changes, I've lost access to Solarguard as a page, and can't make further edits due to the new permissions.

There's no one to contact either so this is mildly annoying. 

• City Council

An extension was added in early April as we were having issues with people editing others pages, this extension locked editing of pages to only the *original* author of the page.  I experimented with adding an "Approved Revisions" extension to the wiki, but this runs into the same issue, either the original author has to approve the change, or someone has to poke me, the only admin, to approve the changes which isn't ideal.  I've disabled both extensions for now, but if the issue crops up again I will have to figure out some sort of fix.

• Thanks 1

As a head's up I'm also now running into issues editing pages I've created (even after logging out/in and clearing cache). I get this error:

Sorry! We could not process your edit due to a loss of session data.

You might have been logged out. Please verify that you're still logged in and try again. If it still does not work, try logging out and logging back in, and check that your browser allows cookies from this site.

I suspect it's related, but I'm also unable to upload files now, too. I get this error:

Internal error
Jump to navigationJump to search
[f113c2af8fdddf4e118bcc4e] /wiki/Special:Upload Error: Call to undefined method LocalFile::getUser()

Backtrace:

from /var/www/vhosts/cityofheroes.dev/fbsa.wiki/w/extensions/Discord/src/DiscordHooks.php(276)
#0 /var/www/vhosts/cityofheroes.dev/fbsa.wiki/w/includes/HookContainer/HookContainer.php(338): DiscordHooks::onUploadComplete()
#1 /var/www/vhosts/cityofheroes.dev/fbsa.wiki/w/includes/HookContainer/HookContainer.php(137): MediaWiki\HookContainer\HookContainer->callLegacyHook()
#2 /var/www/vhosts/cityofheroes.dev/fbsa.wiki/w/includes/HookContainer/HookRunner.php(4028): MediaWiki\HookContainer\HookContainer->run()
#3 /var/www/vhosts/cityofheroes.dev/fbsa.wiki/w/includes/upload/UploadBase.php(960): MediaWiki\HookContainer\HookRunner->onUploadComplete()
#4 /var/www/vhosts/cityofheroes.dev/fbsa.wiki/w/includes/specials/SpecialUpload.php(614): UploadBase->performUpload()
#5 /var/www/vhosts/cityofheroes.dev/fbsa.wiki/w/includes/specials/SpecialUpload.php(246): SpecialUpload->processUpload()
#6 /var/www/vhosts/cityofheroes.dev/fbsa.wiki/w/includes/specialpage/SpecialPage.php(701): SpecialUpload->execute()
#7 /var/www/vhosts/cityofheroes.dev/fbsa.wiki/w/includes/specialpage/SpecialPageFactory.php(1428): SpecialPage->run()
#8 /var/www/vhosts/cityofheroes.dev/fbsa.wiki/w/includes/MediaWiki.php(316): MediaWiki\SpecialPage\SpecialPageFactory->executePath()
#9 /var/www/vhosts/cityofheroes.dev/fbsa.wiki/w/includes/MediaWiki.php(904): MediaWiki->performRequest()
#10 /var/www/vhosts/cityofheroes.dev/fbsa.wiki/w/includes/MediaWiki.php(562): MediaWiki->main()
#11 /var/www/vhosts/cityofheroes.dev/fbsa.wiki/w/index.php(50): MediaWiki->run()
#12 /var/www/vhosts/cityofheroes.dev/fbsa.wiki/w/index.php(46): wfIndexMain()
#13 {main}

@The-Imperial
Formerly on Virtue as: The Imperial, Hellcat Jones, and Lid

Now playing on Everlasting as: Bronze Belfry and Cola-Bot