The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Perfecting an Illusion/Fire Damage machine

I've now gotten my second dominator to level 50 where I FINALLY had a character that used fire that I managed to stick with past level 20.  

Performance level:  Solos quite well at +4x8 and I've managed to beat many of the AVs at +4x8 on the Maria Jenkins arc with some exceptions where I turned it down to +1x8 (like Infernal or I didn't feel like slugging it out with a bullet sponge).  No daggers or temps used, but plenty of purple and green inspirations (usually, just what I collected from soloing with some exceptions).  Tests on pylon dummies have defeat times around 75 seconds with my usual setup.  Endurance is generally not an issue even if Ageless isn't going thanks to consume.

I found that I really didn't need the fighting pool thanks to Superior Invisibility giving me constant first mover advantage, which is REALLY nice.

My build goal with this character is to maximize damage as much as I can (including AoE when possible), so any tips here would be welcome.   Though, Mace mastery is out as it's too far outside my concept.  

Stuff I tried:

1. Initially, I had Soul mastery and would run both embrace of fire and soul drain, but found that soul drain was inconvenient since I really only ever used melee on stragglers or AVs so fire mastery worked better.  (that and RotP is very satisfying for those times I do die).  Slightly better damage with Melt Armor too and Fireball benefits from embrace of fire
  2. I've tried completely proc'ing up incinerate but found it made at most 5s of difference in pylon defeat time which isn't worth the loss of 10% recharge and 15% accuracy
  3. I took grant invisibility for a bit as a LotG mule and so I could cast invis on my phantom.  I didn't find it helped so I went elsewhere for the recharge

My questions:

1. Right now, I have blind completely proc'ed out so it's a regular part of my rotation so I regularly have 2-3 stacks of damage boost, is there a better way to do this?
  2. What about Ice Mastery?  I haven't tried it yet, but mainly because I'd lose out on a fireball-like AoE (and I'm starting to love RotP...)

Stuff I like to have:

1. Flight is part of my concept but I can live with just one flight power if it would make that big of a difference
  2. 122.5% global recharge before hasten so I can have perma-dom without it for those times I have to afk for more than 2 minutes

Thanks!

Xal'Iflalmue5 - Dominator (Illusion Control - Fiery Assault).mbd

• 3 weeks later

This is my build I actually run.  I passed on Phantasm due to the KB and Rain of Fire and I have a concept Ill/Mart shadow clone ninja they has never rolled with Phantasm, so I knew I would not miss it on another attack focused dom.  I did have it at one point trying with 4 Exp. Ren. and Overwhelm KB to KD, but felt spec terror for +rech and +dam and fear effect work better. 

Dominator (Illusion Control - Fiery Assault).mbd

On 6/6/2024 at 10:38 AM, Old Dirty Blaster said:

This is my build I actually run.  I passed on Phantasm due to the KB and Rain of Fire and I have a concept Ill/Mart shadow clone ninja they has never rolled with Phantasm, so I knew I would not miss it on another attack focused dom.  I did have it at one point trying with 4 Exp. Ren. and Overwhelm KB to KD, but felt spec terror for +rech and +dam and fear effect work better. 

Dominator (Illusion Control - Fiery Assault).mbd 44.57 kB · 3 downloads

Any chance you can share a data chunk?  For some reason my Mids install can't open any files since I updated it the last time.

7 hours ago, RelativeQuanta said:

Any chance you can share a data chunk?  For some reason my Mids install can't open any files since I updated it the last time.

You may need to uninstall Mids and reinstall it with the latest working version. 

After that you should be able to open files again. 

• Thumbs Up 1