How to Beat Omega K'ong (Video Walkthrough)

Projector

Over the last few months, I've gone down the rabbit whole of Hard Mode content and as I both have immersed myself in it as well as tried to help others, I realized there is a not a lot of information on how to actually do the different 4-star content. There aren't even a lot of videos demonstrating any of it, leaving a lot of it a total mystery.

So, I started posting video content of some of the runs I feature, including creating a video walkthrough of the Omega K'ong fight from my perspective as the tank. Since there is no way to practice that fight outside of a 4-star context, and it's so busy visually that it can be very hard to tell what's actually happening or why you die at certain moments, I wanted to demystify some of that, set proper expectations for different phases of the fight, and help new people understand the important considerations to keep in mind. 

It's a longer video because I wanted to explain the context of WHY it's important to approach things a specific way, not just explain what to do. This was done on Excelsior, and I know different shards have different ways of approaching content. This is probably not the only way to do it, but this kind of approach has also resulted in sub-30-minute runs of the 4-star LGTF, and it's the only way I know how, so I wanted to share it since I have found success.

Here are the main points for those who don't want to watch
Setup:

• 1 T4 Incan Core, 1 T4 Clarion Core, 4 Barrier Core Teams (T1: 2 people, T2: 2 people, Flex 1: 1 person, Flex 2: 1 person)
  • Gather in hospital just before Dra'Gon room
  • Lores out, buff Lores (tank does not summon lores as they can pull aggro off of tank. I learned that after this video)
  • Barrier and Clarion timing:
  • Team 1 Barrier and Clarion in Hospital once pets are out
  • Incan runs in and incans onto Dra'Gon
  • Target Lores onto Dra'Gon (VERY IMPORTANT)
  • After 25-30 seconds, Flex 1 barrier is called, this timing repeats every 25-30 seconds in order: Team 1, Flex 1, Team 2, Flex 2. The person calling Barriers should be on Barrier Team 1, as their own Barrier cooldown of 2 minutes can be used to track when it's time to call for the next barrier.

Targeting Priority (once Kong spawns): War Priests, Chief Magus, Psi-Protector Primates, Dra'Gon, Assault Suits, Scientists.

Positioning:
Everyone fights Dra'Gon from behind, but hugs closesly to Dra'Gon for Kinetics buffs, heals, end, etc. 
Tank always keeps Dra'Gon in a corner after Kong spawns
Avoid Omega K'ong whenever possible. He will make whatever corner he occupies an instant death zone.

Fight Phases:

100-75%: Focus Dra'Gon (until Kong Spawns, no big AoEs or Judgements to avoid freeing psychicstt
75%-50%: Fold Space Chief Maguses to Dra'Gon, everyone bursts down one Magus at a time targeting through a shotcaller, killing a Primate during this if you can. Tank stays focused on Dra'Gon, Kin still heals off of Dra'Gon. It is not worth waiting to find a Primate before killing the Maguses. 
50%-25%: Fold Space Assault Suits so they don't teleswap you around the room or into Kong gas, kill a Primate, and then focus Dra'Gon with single target damage and let AoEs bring assault suits low. As soon as assault suits are low enough to spike, incan or move away from them and spike them before they are able to follow you into the next corner. Rinse and repeat until each Assault Suit is dead. And of course, avoid neural fields until they despawn.
25%-0%: Fold Space Scientists and let AoEs kill them. Kill Primate and focus Dra'Gon until he is dead. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Projector said:

Didn't know that existed! Thanks! How do I crosspost when it's already been posted?

Oh, I figured you'd want to share your other videos/guides from your channel so that's why I mentioned crossposting. If you want to post this guide over there, I think you'll have to copy and paste manually or ask a GM for assistance. 

You're other videos are very helpful. The fight with Kong is definitely an incredible challenge. I've been stuck on 1star LGTF solo on the last battle against Honoree and Rikti AV. It's mostly trial and error for me, but those dang monkeys and constant bomb spawns are my bane.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png