Elec Affinity Defender secondary suggestions!

One IV All

Electrical Affinity has always interested me. Seems to have a TON of tools at it’s disposal and can really be a force multiplier for their team.

I hear it is a REALLY busy set though (which I like) that being said, are there any secondaries that are less busy that seem to have synergy with it? For example, I really like Water Blast, but pairing the two together might not be the best since WB is very busy itself.

Elec Blast seems like an obvious choice. Just blast when you can and end drain.

Sonic Blast seems interesting in that you are debuffing with the -res you do. Seems less active.

Dark Blast potentially? Kind of a “utility” blast set as well.

I’m completely open to recommendations though!

I have played a variety of Electric Affinity defenders. I really like my first EA who has water blast. I think it pairs well with whirlpool, steam spray, and geyser which are all nice AoEs.

I played sonic blast on one to 50, but sonic blast has a number of cones that require more jumping back and forth in and possibly out of the Faraday Cage. It works but I wouldn't call it perfect pairing.

Electric is the most obvious pairing with the extra drains. Short Circuit, Ball lightning, and the electric ranged aoe nuke all play nice with being in the cage, supporting the point of attack.

My most recent Corruptor is Radiation/EA and it's amazing how well the rad blasts work with the cage. I only skipped the cone in the primary blasts (corruptor style). Irradiate, neutorn bomb, and atomic blast are great. 

The most clicky defender I have played is a kinetic / electric. That one with the self boosts from siphon speed and such can actually hit what I call the animation cap. Your recharge is so quick, you seem to wait more for the powers to recharge when you are perking at high recharge cycles.

I have a love hate relationship with beam rifle. Love it on the team I amn in but it drives me crazy to play it.

I  haven't alted that far yet but I am sure that EA/ice would be very handy with the holds and the rains to keep the foes bouncing or held.

38 minutes ago, Psylenz0511 said:

I have played a variety of Electric Affinity defenders. I really like my first EA who has water blast. I think it pairs well with whirlpool, steam spray, and geyser which are all nice AoEs.

I played sonic blast on one to 50, but sonic blast has a number of cones that require more jumping back and forth in and possibly out of the Faraday Cage. It works but I wouldn't call it perfect pairing.

Electric is the most obvious pairing with the extra drains. Short Circuit, Ball lightning, and the electric ranged aoe nuke all play nice with being in the cage, supporting the point of attack.

My most recent Corruptor is Radiation/EA and it's amazing how well the rad blasts work with the cage. I only skipped the cone in the primary blasts (corruptor style). Irradiate, neutorn bomb, and atomic blast are great. 

The most clicky defender I have played is a kinetic / electric. That one with the self boosts from siphon speed and such can actually hit what I call the animation cap. Your recharge is so quick, you seem to wait more for the powers to recharge when you are perking at high recharge cycles.

I have a love hate relationship with beam rifle. Love it on the team I amn in but it drives me crazy to play it.

I  haven't alted that far yet but I am sure that EA/ice would be very handy with the holds and the rains to keep the foes bouncing or held.

This was super helpful, thank you! I like Water and Storm Blast, good to hear Elec Affin still leaves some room for those sets to work.