Nova/Dwarf WS: What to do with power picks?

I have a tri-form PB, that I'm getting the hang of, but I just made a WS that I plan to keep in mainly Nova & Dwarf forms.  My question is, what do I do with power picks other than Nova, Dwarf and the first 2 blasts?  Just pick based on future set capacity?

Related question:  Do set bonuses in one form carry over to all forms?

Forms do not affect whether or not you receive set bonuses, only exemplaring too far below the IO's level does. Place sets like you would any other AT.

As for power choices, my first bit of advice is to pick whatever sounds interesting or useful to you, as you are leveling up (unless you just plan to farm PL to 50),knowing you can and will respec later. I like trying out as many skills in my arsenal as I can, so I can make more informed choices about what works best for me at endgame. Warshade has a lot of situational powers at its disposal, so if you think there's even a small chance that you might want to use a particular one, grab it I say, especially if it won't require extra slots.

Even though my intent is to happily nuke away in nova form most of the time, I personally still execute a lot of powers in human form: Sunless Mire, Eclipse, Quasar, Unchain Essence, and Dark Extraction. The first 2 most would consider mandatory, the latter 3 are a matter of preference. Shadow Cloak should always be picked up as a LotG mule, but the stealth is useful at times as well. Nebulous form has its benefits, when used properly. Despite so many other travel and teleport powers available, I still made room in my tri-form build for Shadow Slip, and Stygian Return sees use pretty much any time I am facing challenging content.

@dungeoness and @eloora on Excelsior

<Federation of United Cosmic Knights>