20 / 20 Rewind

Dark Current

Welcome to the 20 / 20 Rewind!

One year ago, I embarked on a grand effort to showcase FIFTY different Level 50 builds from my stable of Heroes, Vigilantes, Rogues and Villains I play on the Excelsior Shard.

After wrapping up that series last week, I felt hollow and rudderless.

So what's a poor altoholic to do?

Start up another series of course!

I therefore present to you the 20 / 20 Rewind! A look back at the level 50s I could've showcased, but never did. So the plan is, an additional 2 Level 50s from each of the main ATs I play: everything EXCEPT scrappers and stalkers... and I don't have any more Epics to show, either.

For each character, I will present 3 videos. The first is the Build Discussion where I present my 'on paper' character using the awesomeness of Mids Reborn (thanks to the developers of that tool!). The second is the Solo Strategy where I run a pair of Council paper / radio missions set first to +2 x6 and then to +3 x8 and show my tips and strategies of how to use the build in a 'typical' scenario. Finally, the third video showcases the build on a set of 3-4 team missions set at +4 x8 against a variety of foes that appear on tips and radios/paper missions.

The idea here is to progress from a theoretical discussion of a build to how it works in reality in both solo and team scenarios. Is the build as good in practice as it is on paper??? Watch the series of videos and decide for yourself!

First up (because I can't remember alphabetical order), are 2 more Brutes!

• Like 1

V_archetypeicon_brute.webp.00341aba46608602a6a6831fb60af853.webp  01) Nordic Star

Staff / Energy / Fire Brute

Concept: harnessing the power of the aurora, this Scandinavian super takes down heroes and villains with equal brutality.

image.png.008f1d487a1d8f179a20deb6de73ebcd.png

Mids Builld: Nordic Star 1 - Brute (Staff Fighting).mbd

Build Discussion Video:

Solo Strategy Video:

Team Work Video

Edited by Dark Current
  • Like 1