The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Lore Question: How long has Hamidon been around?

MHertz

I am trying to put together a timeline of events for my character(s), and I'm trying to determine how and when Woodvale fell and became Eden. This is directly tied to the Devouring Earth, which are tied to Hamidon; but there is not any information on the various wiki articles about when all this went down.

My best guess:

• Hamidon was a scientist, which probably put his pre-transformation age between 30 to 40. Getting advanced degrees takes time.
  • City of Heroes came out in 2004, and it is now 2024 ... presumably?
  • Hamidon in blob form probably existed for some time prior to 2004, because there's War Walls built around the Hive and Woodvale. Call it ... five years for construction of the walls, and maybe 5 years of battling the Devouring Earth as Woodvale turned into Eden.
  • Hamidon the Human would require some time to make his discovery. Assuming he had the breakthrough, created the DE, and became a blob all in the same year, I will put this duration as 0 for now, assuming the best-case scenario for a brilliant but mad breakthrough.
  • Crey Industries has a large presence in Woodvale, in the Utopia Complex; Crey was founded (by lore) in 1989.
  • This would put the earliest year for the first appearance of Blob Hamidon at about 1994. This roughly coincides with the founding of Crey, assuming 5 years for Crey Biotech to get big enough to warrant a large complex in Woodvale.
  • This suggests that Hamidon the Human was born roughly between 1954 and 1964ish. In human terms he would between 60 and 70 today.
  • The downfall of Woodvale thus began in 1994 and ended in 1999, making the devastation about 30 years old.

It could've been later than this, but likely not much earlier, given the presence of Crey in Woodvale; to make it later, we would have to assume that Crey built their complex after Woodvale began to fall.

What do you think? Is there any lore that I missed that gives a rough date?

• Like 1

The original @Hertz, creator of the Stan and Lou audio series on YouTube. Player of City of Heroes for yonks.1

1A yonk is a very long time.

31 minutes ago, lemming said:

Hard to say with all the timey wimey stuffm but you can probably get a bit more info via the DE arcs, especially Ginger Yates: https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Ginger_Yates

Thanks! I read through the details of that arc, and there weren't any specifics on the origin of the Hamidon. The way the arc is phrased, it does imply that it happened recently, as the victim of the arc seems surprised to discover that Hamidon has become a monster, but since the Hive exists, I can't take that at face value.

The original @Hertz, creator of the Stan and Lou audio series on YouTube. Player of City of Heroes for yonks.1

1A yonk is a very long time.

25 minutes ago, MHertz said:

Thanks! I read through the details of that arc, and there weren't any specifics on the origin of the Hamidon. The way the arc is phrased, it does imply that it happened recently, as the victim of the arc seems surprised to discover that Hamidon has become a monster, but since the Hive exists, I can't take that at face value.

I think originally, the game timeline progresses along with the character's level.  However, that doesn't track very well. I like someone's idea, we're all trapped in a time bubble circa 2012.

And while it's a different universe, you can also get a bit from Praetorian Hami via the Number Six arc.