The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Fire/Dark Corr build critique

Griffin

Back again with another build. Fire/dark corr was my main on live and i want to recreate him. Since i can use Epic pools this time, it looks a bit different, and i am struggling to find the slots. I would like to take fluffy, but i couldnt seem to squeeze him in. I usually go scorpion shield for soft capped defense to s/l and range, but i really wanted spirit drain on this build so going for higher resistances - not sure if this is the best route or if i should just go mace, take the shield and focused accuracy. That would open up some slots and power picks allowing me to take dark servant and probably assault or something else. I feel like endurance may be an issue though so having dark consumption i think is also nice.  Any help/advice is appreciated.

image.thumb.png.b50d31b2625f064ebf84a5e5f7cd25de.png

Fire Dark Corruptor - 2024.mbd

Spirit Drain is woefully underslotted. The less than .7/s End gain is also problematic. I know you get Dark Consumption, but still. Howling Twilight is better slotted with a -Res proc and Damage procs. Not having Dark Servant hurts my soul.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

• Darkest Night doesn't need more than 3-4 slots.
  • Slotting Howling Twilight for damage is a huge waste. Slot it with 1 recharge IO and call it a day.
  • Slot Aim with the Gaussian %BU proc.
  • 6-slotting Shadow Fall with Red Fortune isn't getting you much. I would slot 3 pieces of a defense set and 3 pieces of a resist set. The E/N/P resistance is substantial and worth enhancing.
  • You really don't need 12 pts of kb protection on a corruptor. 4 should be fine. I would drop all but the LOTG from Combat Jumping and kb IO from SS.
  • Dark Consumption should be slotted with an end mod set, not a damage set.
  • I would skip Tough and Weave in favor of Dark Servant.
  • Spirit Drain should have 3-4 slots. At a minimum it requires accuracy. 
  • Slotting Tactics for +perception is unnecessary. Replace Rectified Reticle with a set that goes to lvl 50 (Gaussians or Adjusted Targeting) and include end reduction.

I appreciate the feedback.  In the early/mid 30s now and it feels weak. Partly because of low recharge and endurance issues.  I will make some tweaks tomorrow and post an updated build. 

i have done multiple iterations of this build this morning. I did one with no fighting pool and after completing it i felt like the only thing i gained was dark servant and lost both defense and resistance.  I am still not sure i am really gaining that much here. I ended up dropping tactics so i could keep fighting since that really helped boost defense and resistance - without fighting i felt like i was worse off than i was in the first build, except i got dark servant.

I did one build where i dropped fighting but picked up soul transfer and acrobatics for hold protection. That build seemed ok, but again was losing a lot in way of defense and resistance since i did not have fighting.

I went back and forth on the spirit drain slotting. It feels like a waste slotting it for damage but it doesn't take accurate to hit buff sets. Had a 4 slot purple set in there, but decided moving that slot and getting the small defense buff from artillery was better.

21 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

The less than .7/s End gain is also problematic. I know you get Dark Consumption, but still.

This was because super speed was on. The endurance drain wasn't that bad.

Let me know what you think.

image.png

Fire Dark Corruptor - 2024 updated.mbd

I don't have a Fire/Dark, but I've played a Rad/Dark since 2019. I've never had the Fighting pool in my build and have no issues with survivability. I think you're underestimating how effective -tohit (and -dmg) can be. Dark Servant doubles down on this. I would encourage you to try out the builds on the test server at lvl 50.

what would you replace the fighting pool with? Only thing i could really get that seemed worth while was the self rez from the epic pool and taking acrobatics.

A recent favorite for me is the Sorcery pool since it gets you Rune of Protection, but that is also depends on the build and ones which are Def based so adding in Res is welcomed. 

You might want to look at things like moving the slot from Tough with the Impervium Armor IO and sticking a 6th slot into the snipe. You lose 1.5% Psi Resist, but gain 4.5% Toxic Res. Tar Patch as slotted has a duration of 45 seconds and a recharge of 24.18s. I don't recall Tar Patch being able to self stack so the second Recharge is overkill. I tend to find 6-slotting Purples to be overkill since Damage and Recharge are over the ED cap. You could easily move things around to 6-slot Spirit Drain and come away with near 40% ranged Def, and that's likely the one Def stat you care about the most. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

Posted (edited)

Great suggestions.  I tried to work in sorcery to get rune of protection but needed to take too many powers to get to rune to make it work. 

I will try redoing some of the slots to get more slots into spirit drain and post an updated build. 

Edited by Griffin

I should have said you being a Corr means you should really look at more Leadership. Assault is an easy single slot. Tactics doesn't take much. Vengeance is an Easy LotG: +Recharge slotting. since you would lose Weave.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

Did some retooling this morning. I still don't think it is as good as what i posted in my most recent post. Tried getting the most out of spirit drain and moving some stuff around, but it just isn't nearly as good across the board.

image.thumb.png.62b92fda9a34e3c0cd6d8c35caa902d5.png

I think i am going to build toward this and then can tweak once i am 50 and see how it feels. I have most of this already except for the two purple sets. I can use some lesser sets in the mean time to get a feel for it. I did move some slotting around to maximize resistance. I think it should be pretty sturdy.

image.thumb.png.623a70fe142e463d999350aefd240db1.png