confused Zephyr still attacks while conning as friendly

i posted about this years ago, but i had it happen again. the same mission, find and banish Zephyr first mission and 3rd arc from Dr Graves, and the same enemy, Zephyr. none of the other enemies from this arc, behave this way when defeated while confused. but exactly the same thing happened, again.

+2/0, Zephyr is a +2 EB. after all of the objectives are destroyed and Zephyr is weakened, he attacks one last time. domination was up and i confused him and wore him down until he was defeated. he switched from red enemy to blue friendly, falling over and surrendering, open to interact with and gloat over. But since the confusion persists, he attacks as an enemy while still reading as friendly. he will kill you, while you cannot attack since he is friendly. none of the others from this arc do this, not Omnicore nor Crosscut, etc.. but Zephyr will attack and chase you until your confusion wears off.

this is not normal surrendered mob behavior. i filed the same bug report 3 years ago. not sure why he is different from the others from the Hearts of Darkness gang, but he is.

image.png.cc88835dff06ce57dbfd802914d03aa5.png

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"وطن المرء ليس مكان ولادته و لكنه المكان الذي تنتهي فيه كل محاولاته للهروب”

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

Zephyr normally goes friendly/blue to your character in that mission when defeated/near defeat. Don't confuse him when he is near defeat and if he is already confused, wait for it to wear off before driving him to defeat or near defeat. If he is confused when near defeat, he is a confused friendly and just keeps attacking you. And it doesn't seem to time out.

• Banjo 1

21 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Zephyr normally goes friendly/blue to your character in that mission when defeated/near defeat. Don't confuse him when he is near defeat and if he is already confused, wait for it to wear off before driving him to defeat or near defeat. If he is confused when near defeat, he is a confused friendly and just keeps attacking you. And it doesn't seem to time out.

none of the other enemies from this arc have this problem. only Zephyr. they all went down confused, only Zephyr gets back up and attacks until the confusion wears off. you can even "talk" to him while he is attacking and finish the mission. the problem is that he attacks after he surrenders, no one else does this. this is exactly the same problem as from almost 3 years ago, and your response is almost exactly the same too. my point is that he's not working correctly, unlike the others... omnicore, crosscut, and even dr graves, they all go down and surrender, even while confused. maybe it is because he is an EB, unlike the others, but that is besides the point. if an enemy is supposed to surrender when they lose, they need to stop. i cannot think of any other time, with any other enemy, that i have had this happen, other than with Zephyr. it's a bug, not a quirk of the mechanics of confusion.

besides to tell me that i should not confuse a +2 EB, while only a lvl 17 ill/psi dom solo, just before they are defeated is a bit silly. how else should i defeat them?

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"وطن المرء ليس مكان ولادته و لكنه المكان الذي تنتهي فيه كل محاولاته للهروب”

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

1 hour ago, Ridiculous Girl said:

none of the other enemies from this arc have this problem. only Zephyr. they all went down confused, only Zephyr gets back up and attacks until the confusion wears off.

Exactly. All the other mobs, the Goldbrickers, do not go friendly on that mission. They are always your enemy. Zephyr however becomes your ally. And if the confuse effect does wear off, unlike how it used to be bugged and just lasted forever if he went ally while confused, then all you have to do is move away from him until the confuse wears off.

Edit: Look, I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice for that to change and Zephyr stop attacking when he is confused and friendly to you, but he isn't the only mob that does that. There is a reason why I don't confuse my enemies that I know will go friendly when their health gets low enough. (Though my Illusion Control characters are a /Darkness Affinity and /Martial Assault, so I can't speak to your /Psi'. However, if I can't confuse a target and I was relying on confusing the target? I do a lot of hit and run to win. Or ask a friend for a hand on that mission. [Edit again: Mostly because back then, the last several times I was in that situation, the confused mobs never recovered from being confused and just kept attacking me even when the confuse icon went away.])

Edited by Rudra