Help with Assassins Strike

So I am trying out Stalker, and I'm curious sometimes when I use my assassins strike skill from hiding sometimes it shows the enemy as hit but it deals no damage and breaks me from my hiding like I did damage. Is this a bug or did I screw up somewhere? Because when I miss I don't break hiding.

39 minutes ago, Flame Salamander said:

So I am trying out Stalker, and I'm curious sometimes when I use my assassins strike skill from hiding sometimes it shows the enemy as hit but it deals no damage and breaks me from my hiding like I did damage. Is this a bug or did I screw up somewhere? Because when I miss I don't break hiding.

To be as concise as possible, I think the issue you're running into is that the game basically calculates whether you've hit or not the moment you activate the power, so even if you've missed, you still have to go through the animation for the power.  On top of that, if you're performing an assassin strike from a hidden state, there's a period of time where you can interrupt the power, so even just tapping a movement key can kind of cancel the power.  Lastly, it is possible you're fighting an enemy with a high perception that sees through your stealth, or you're missing, which could break your hidden status.

2 hours ago, biostem said:

To be as concise as possible, I think the issue you're running into is that the game basically calculates whether you've hit or not the moment you activate the power, so even if you've missed, you still have to go through the animation for the power.  On top of that, if you're performing an assassin strike from a hidden state, there's a period of time where you can interrupt the power, so even just tapping a movement key can kind of cancel the power.  Lastly, it is possible you're fighting an enemy with a high perception that sees through your stealth, or you're missing, which could break your hidden status.

Interesting, So was I just lucky then on some attempts and the stealth was not not broken when I missed? Thanks for the info.

• Thumbs Up 1

Slow AS is a melee snipe - suffers from being interruptible and requires LoS to initiate and complete successfully just like ranged snipes. This means that a queued Slow AS can fail for multiple reasons:
1) You missed. - This should not break Hide.
2) You moved after you activated it. - This should not break Hide.
3) You hit, but your target was moving and blocked LoS before the power animated. - This will break Hide (IIRC), due to you hitting, but deal no damage, as the snipe was blocked.
4) The server hiccuped. - This happens, happened often on Legacy, I've not noticed it as a major problem on Homecoming. This breaks Hide, no damage dealt.

Lastly, only AS is a stay in Hidden power on a miss. Any other damaging power you use will break Hide, regardless of damage dealt.

Death is the best debuff.

40 minutes ago, Errants said:

Slow AS is a melee snipe - suffers from being interruptible and requires LoS to initiate and complete successfully just like ranged snipes. This means that a queued Slow AS can fail for multiple reasons:
1) You missed. - This should not break Hide.
2) You moved after you activated it. - This should not break Hide.
3) You hit, but your target was moving and blocked LoS before the power animated. - This will break Hide (IIRC), due to you hitting, but deal no damage, as the snipe was blocked.
4) The server hiccuped. - This happens, happened often on Legacy, I've not noticed it as a major problem on Homecoming. This breaks Hide, no damage dealt.

Lastly, only AS is a stay in Hidden power on a miss. Any other damaging power you use will break Hide, regardless of damage dealt.

That server hiccup or target moving could have been the reason then thanks a lot.