Returning to gaming after a long lay off. What console title should I play first?

I haven't played a console title in the last 3 or 4 years. I have a few that my kids enjoyed to choose from. I have both a PS5 and an X-Box One.

God Of War: Ragnarok

Ori

Hollow Knight

Hades

I like games with a strong story, and I know from watching my kids play Hollow Knight that it has a great one. I have also seriously enjoyed all of the mainline God of War stories. As far as what types of games I like? Well for this little impromptu questionnaire, and for any other strong recommendations, console or otherwise (I'm not really a fan of FPS games).

Action/Adventure

RPG

Platforming

Metroidvania

Yeah, for the most part that covers it.

Thanks guys!

On 8/5/2024 at 11:15 PM, Gobbledygook said:

I haven't played a console title in the last 3 or 4 years. I have a few that my kids enjoyed to choose from. I have both a PS5 and an X-Box One.

God Of War: Ragnarok

Ori

Hollow Knight

Hades

I like games with a strong story, and I know from watching my kids play Hollow Knight that it has a great one. I have also seriously enjoyed all of the mainline God of War stories. As far as what types of games I like? Well for this little impromptu questionnaire, and for any other strong recommendations, console or otherwise (I'm not really a fan of FPS games).

Action/Adventure

RPG

Platforming

Metroidvania

Yeah, for the most part that covers it.

Thanks guys!

I think this counts?

Dungeons of Hinterberg. Its like if Zelda went on vacation in Austria(I think). Honestly super relaxing, it does have a lot of puzzles but they’re fairly simple imo. Decent combat and action to it, and honestly a fun little story and great relationship building with its assortment of supporting characters.

It’s on PC, Xbox Series S/X, and PS5 for roughly $30 barring tax

Edited by Seed22

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|