Additional Kheldian Forms?

I'm the weirdo that mains a tri-form Warshade. I love it. So I'm always thinking about all the blank spots in the lore (intentional or otherwise), spinning head canon, thinking about Khelds. They're a really interesting idea with a lot of potenital for storytelling and design.

Part of Kheldian/Nictus lore is that the Kheld/Nictus can shapeshift into versions of their past hosts. Hence the Nova (squiddies) and the Dwarf (lobster) forms.

Sometimes I wonder though...what else could be a viable "form"? Kheldians are basically like...Ben 10 meets Green Lanterns. So there could be millions of forms in a Kheldian's history, but which ones would you like to see? How would they play? Would they fill a niche in the team-play sphere that the current forms don't?

For example: What if HEATS had a "Support" form? Maybe it's like a crystalline entity, with no attacks, limited defense. But when then it can activate one of many toggles to burrow into the ground and act as the team's own personal Cairn for 30 seconds at a time? Maybe you have a few different auras to choose from. One offensive, one buff and one debuff? 

Not every form need be a great gameplay addition (not saying mine necessarily is haha). Some could just be cool ideas for roleplay or a particular story. Like a past form that's similar to biblical angels, or any other number of strange and interesting lifeforms. I'm curious what others come up with. 

I do wish Peacebringers were more Tank/Melee/Support and Warsahdes more Tank/Melee/Control rather then both being Tank/Melee/Ranged so it would be cool to have them be able to fill those roles better as a nova ❤️

But personally I like to class all the Aether costumes as previous hosts so you can have things like Rikti form, DE form, HVAS form etc 😄

Banner3.jpg.79155737d064c3e5bab470e86fe0e248.jpg
❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🎖️ Friday Fashion Contest 🎖️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️
Friendly reminder that no matter what anyone or anything is saying, you ARE loved AND valued in life no matter what.

2 hours ago, Stellarex said:

A rikti PB would be cool a bit like Kilowag from green lantern

Visually, I get it, but am wondering what a Rikti PB would actually do?  Rikti body structure aside, they are technological warriors, and it was my understanding that even those with mental/psi abilities found basis for those in technology.  Perhaps I was misinformed.  If so, having a psi form might be interesting, though I'd draw the line at massive razor sword.  That shouldn't be part of a host's form.

On 8/7/2024 at 4:06 AM, hieronymusboss said:

For example: What if HEATS had a "Support" form? Maybe it's like a crystalline entity, with no attacks, limited defense. But when then it can activate one of many toggles to burrow into the ground and act as the team's own personal Cairn for 30 seconds at a time? Maybe you have a few different auras to choose from. One offensive, one buff and one debuff?

I'm game for a support form, but I'm not in line with the "no attacks" thing.  All three forms current are capable of independent function.  Properly played, each form should be able to solo a mission.  I'd expect the same from any 4th form.

And as I type this, one alternate thought did come to me:  what if your suggested no attacks support form, and any other half-built forms were added as 3rd column sets specific to Kheldians, much like the elite mastery sets, or just a standard set for Kheldians?  In that sense, an "incomplete" form, in this case support without attacks, would not be designed to potentially be a stand-alone form, but as a rapid-swap form for specific purposes.

EDIT:  one last thought:  what wire frames are in the game?  Biped, quadraped, arachnid, "squid", floating sphere, serpentine humanoid, any others?  One of those not currently in Kheldian design might be worth designing an alien around.  Might be cool to have an alien quadraped looking a bit like a serpentine Chinese dragon.

Edited by Techwright