Super Late

Seed22

I was watching a Youtuber who’s content I enjoy. Going through some of his slightly older videos(couple weeks/months old) and he mentioned this article when talking about gamers and I found it interesting.

https://www.eurogamer.net/older-games-like-fortnite-account-for-over-60-of-playtime-new-report-suggests

If you were wondering what’s the deal with all the live service games? This answers that. And also made me start looking at online opinions about games(especially the discourse surrounding Concord) a LOT differently.

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

I must be living under a heap of small stones at least, as I'd no idea Roblox was so popular, and I've never heard of Valorant.  I'm also surprised Starfield made the X-box list given how much hate is out there for it.

The report also suggests new player growth opportunities will flatten out in the coming years across both PC and console.

I'm wondering if part of that might be a decline in population in younger generations.  I grew up at a university.  Two years back I had a great chat with the current C.I.O. of the university who stated they, along with most other universities, were about to experience a slump in freshman population for at least a handful of years, as the newborn population had dropped 18 years before for the first time in a long time.  While his comments were regarding colleges, I'm wondering if that population slump would have a noticeable effect on new player growth as well.

7 hours ago, Techwright said:

I must be living under a heap of small stones at least, as I'd no idea Roblox was so popular, and I've never heard of Valorant.  I'm also surprised Starfield made the X-box list given how much hate is out there for it.

I'm wondering if part of that might be a decline in population in younger generations.  I grew up at a university.  Two years back I had a great chat with the current C.I.O. of the university who stated they, along with most other universities, were about to experience a slump in freshman population for at least a handful of years, as the newborn population had dropped 18 years before for the first time in a long time.  While his comments were regarding colleges, I'm wondering if that population slump would have a noticeable effect on new player growth as well.

Pop slump for sure will affect gaming, as we all get older and either have less time or ability to game, it’ll naturally fall to younger and younger generations to pick up the slack. 

If they’re not there, then the number’s will flatline or dip. Not into cataclysmic the world is doomed numbers but at least noticeably impactful dip. I unfortunately do not ever want children of my own so I won’t be passing on any gaming knowledge or skillsets to an immediate generation in that regard, so I’m no help in this matter.

• Like 1

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|