Base Building Class - Build a house or apt

Dacy

• Retired Community Rep

Been a long time since I had any time to do a class. This will be a series of classes, and you will need to build between classes so you are ready for the next step. There will be plenty of help available, both in class and between classes. If you've ever wanted to build a home for one of your characters but weren't really sure where to start, this class is for you!

We will cover what you need to know to get started, some of the different materials you can use, and both interiors and exteriors.  You choose the level of detail you want, and you decide on design and setting. I will simply teach you how to use what's available to build something that you want to build.

There are a few things I would like you to have thought about before class starts, so DM me here or on Discord (I am on the Homecoming Discord, as well as many others) so I can get you the starter questions. The course will be held on the Builder's Discord, so you need to join that to join the class; the link will be provided if you have not already joined. I will hold the class on a chat channel, sharing my screen.  You do not need to be willing to speak, you may type questions if you prefer. I would like people to share their screens, however, so I can see what you are doing. Easter Bunny will be assisting as well.

Classes will be held on Sundays at 4pm EST.  I admit I have not run a class like this before, so I do not know exactly how long they will run, but my current plan is to hold 5 classes, each an hour to an hour and a half long (preferring the hour, but realizing there may be questions and giving myself room to cover all that needs to be covered that day). Then, you will have some work to finish up before we meet the next time, so we can continue to build on what we've done.

Let's get building!

• Like 1
  • Microphone 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

This is awesome!  Thanks for doing this.  If you have not already thought of it, please consider recording the class.  I have other commitments around that time but would like to watch it later.

Question:  can people drop in when they have time?  Like if I can make it this week but next week I can, is that okay?

Help control the Rikti population.  Have your Rikti Monkey spayed or neutered.

• Retired Community Rep

I'm keeping the class to people who pre-arrange to attend with me, so, all you need to do is join my Discord (link in Signature) and I will give you access. If you miss the first class, I can work with you to catch up. I think I would like to record it and put it up on YouTube afterwards, too, but I'd need to get permissions from participants to do that.

All are welcome, I just don't want curious people dropping in at random, because that can be distracting and derailing (I speak from experience there!). 🙂 That is why I am keeping it a closed session for the people interested enough to say so.