Honorary Bro / Sis Badge mission bugged.

terriel001

In order to get the badge you must rescue Dean McArthur during the third mission in Mr. G's second story arc but Dean will only appear in the mission if you have previously completed his personal story arc. I have completed Dean's story arc both through him as a contact and once again through Orouboros and yet he won't spawn no matter how many times I replay the story arc making it impossible to rescue him and obtain the badge. I am aware of at least one other player having this issue and the two of us have not run these missions together so both mine and Drk Chemistry's problems with this are isolated.

From another discussion:

Yeah this one is unfortunately a bit tricky. You do need to speak with him in person*, and you should have gotten some kind of prompt text at "Steal a Vanguard Helicopter" mission in the previous arc (Criminals of War) to that effect. If you didn't, you'll just have to Ouro the arcs again to get the badge. Dean is captured because of actions he took based on the conversation between missions. (And you'll notice the change when you go again.)

(*I think if you had done the arc leveling up and were not flashbacking Mr. G's arc you could call Dean but I've not been able to test this.)

Ah, found it!  I talked to Dean in person immediately after the "Steal a Vanguard Helicopter" and he talked to me.  The cut scene at the end of the arc was entirely different.  Went back to my regular mission after I completed the first arc in Ouro and now he was one of the mission parameters on that third mission.

Thanks!

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

• 1 month later

How about the Remembers their friends badge in the next mission?  Vincent Ross' arc must have been completed already but is their anything else that needs to be done?

EDIT: Finally got to run the arc after using Ouro to do Vince and Dean's arcs

Before starting the arc I visited Vincent and he did speak with me and there was an option for me to check him to see if he was a disguised Protean. After that I started the arc, but he wouldn't speak with me again and did appear for me to rescue.

So, was it just that I had done his arc, or did I also need to speak with him? Will test again later to find out.

Edited by Nericus