SS/Elec or Elec/Elec?

Alpha Man

I really can not decide, I love Foot stomp and I always have, the rage crash I'm  hoping is mitigated by the resists I can get up to. EM has a lot of AOE as well so I really am having trouble deciding. The knock back in Thuderstrike doesn't seem that bad.

For me the most fun is having the more viable toon for solid off-tanking and doing as much damage as possible.

Do you mean Energy Melee (EM) and Energy Aura (EA), or the electric sets (more often abbreviated as Elec/ and /Elec)?

My first brute was an Elec/Elec. Elec/ has pretty good AoE, and Lightning Rod is delightful, but its ST leaves something to be desired. If you're willing to make that tradeoff, go for it. Taking Gloom from your epic pool would probably help. Thunderstrike actually doesn't have knockback at all IIRC, just knockdown.

SS/Elec should work pretty well, and /Elec should handle the Rage crash relatively well.

I do find that /Elec is kind of squishy until pretty late in the game; ~60% S/L resist doesn't go all that far when your heal is on a 120s recharge. Once you have near-capped S/L resist, a decent level of defense, and high uptime on Energize, things should get better though.

If you want one REALLY GREAT AoE that you can spam often, and a decent single target attack chain go for Super Strength.

If you want several less impressive AoE's and one slow recharge telenuke with a slightly weaker single target attack chain, go for Elec.

I prefer Foot Stomp to everything Elec offers, but Elec is right up there so I understand your trouble picking, they are both great sets.

If it comes down to it, choose thematic powerset.