Map choices, mob choices for prison rescue missions

Bastille Boy

I'm working on a mission arc that involves rescuing several wrongly imprisoned people. I set the first mission in the Zig Breakout map. It works great. The three people to be rescued automatically appear in the map's three cells.

The other missions have to be on other maps for the plot of the arc to make sense. Are there maps other than the Zig Breakout map that include a jail or prison area? Are there any such maps where rescue targets will always appear in jail?

Am I right to think that it's not possible to use either the Prisoners standard mob type or the Prison Guards type in an AE mission?

Unfortunately, none of the baked in jails (i.e. in Council maps, Circle of Thorns maps, Arachnos maps) assign captives to the cells like in Zig Breakout. They mostly just serve as where the player respawns if they die and hosp in the mish. So you're not going to get any maps as 'directly' perfect as Zig Breakout for a jailbreak mission, but there's definitely a few options to look at that might work. Here's one off the top of my head:

Longbow Sea Base - Outdoor map with an interior (so front/middle/back spawning works) from the first mission of the LRSF. It's basically an island Longbow base so could be quite fun to put captives in the back room and say they're being held there.

And yes, Prisoners are unavailable in AE. They're pretty easy to recreate though, just put characters in orange leather jackets and pants and it looks like a jumpsuit. As far as I'm aware, there was never a 'Prison Guard' enemy group, just the Paragon Police Department, so you could definitely try to use them -- just be aware that high level PPD is weird alien cops and robots so you may want your arc to be low-to-mid level instead so you get SWAT or normal cops.

Hope some of this helps! Sounds like a very cool idea for an arc.

Thanks for these suggestions! It sounds as if I'm going to have to get creative with the narrative on some of these missions. Rather than "X has been unjustly imprisoned," I could say "X has been arrested and is being held. They'll be unjustly imprisoned for 20 years unless they're rescued now." That would explain why the rescue target isn't in a cell (or a dormitory surrounded by dozens of other prisoners) and is kneeling with their hands up.

I saw that AE makes it easy to design prison uniforms. It's possible to make striped ones, too.