Elec/elec help for former Brute turning Scrapper

Argulus

Greetings fellow Scrappers,

Tried out an Elec/elec Brute right when CoV went live just to try out one each of the new archetypes and LOVED that char.  With HC up and all of the powerset changes that had occurred, I wanted to try a Rad/rad Brute and was hoping that the Elec/elec build would translate well for a Scrapper.

All of that to say, HELP!  It has been some years and I don't remember much about the build I used for Brute and then not even sure that info would translate, SOOOOO any direction, suggestions, guidance, warnings, etc would be most welcome.

TechnoPrime - Robotics/Gadgets MM

Project Exo-Fusion - Warshade

RAD Hammer - Rad/Rad Brute

Battle Master - Kin/EA Scrapper

Wave Lord - Storm/Water Defender

So it looks like there is no Elec/elec love here in Scrapperville.

*** Pondering *** "Looks like I will be making this as a Brute again ... "  ;D

TechnoPrime - Robotics/Gadgets MM

Project Exo-Fusion - Warshade

RAD Hammer - Rad/Rad Brute

Battle Master - Kin/EA Scrapper

Wave Lord - Storm/Water Defender

What you do remember would translate well enough.  Elec Melee is the same for both Scrappers and Brutes, barring the different melee damage modifiers.  Get everything up to Thunder Strike and coast on that until Lightning Rod.  Chain Induction's reliability as a multi-target attack is a little hit and miss; I have it on a Stalker and I feel lucky if it gets even two guys.  Skip the taunt since you're not gonna be tanking and skip Lightning Clap; it doesn't deal damage and just tosses everyone around unless you go out of your way to make it not do that.

Once you get up to the point where you're getting set IOs into its attacks, Elec Melee has some options if you want to do stupid proc tricks.  Many of its attacks cause endurance drain, so it accepts Endurance Mod sets, meaning you can add Energy Manipulator: Chance to Stun to them and flex on Energy Melee (bonus points if you do take Lightning Clap just to stack stuns on things).  Alternately, the first three also cause sleep, so you can use Call of the Sandman: Chance of Heal Self and literally shock the life out of people, or just put a level 50 EndMod IO in them, team up with other Elec characters, and make everything with a blue bar cry salty bitch tears.  I can't say how useful any of this would be, though, and there could be set bonuses you're missing out on, but you can absolutely do it.

Elec Armor is also the same, right down to the resistance values; only difference is that Scrappers have a resist cap of 75% and Brutes have 90%.  Energy resist is gonna hit the cap without you trying, negative energy and toxic are a huge problem.  A minor problem might be that Grounded gives you knockback and immobilization protection provided you're standing on the ground, so snipers are gonna knock you on your ass if you go superjumping through Peregrine Island.  You have enough room to add Tough to shore up your smashing/lethal resist; do it.  Power Sink works as both a recovery tool and a defensive one, since enemies can't attack if they have no endurance.  Lightning Field is a PBAoE damage toggle; some people like them since it's more damage that works on everything around you, others don't since it draws aggro and costs as much endurance as two defensive toggles.  Try it and see for yourself, but keep in mind that it also causes endurance drain, so you can slot it for that and use it defensively.

As far as set bonuses for Elec Armor are concerned, you're going to be in melee so go for Melee and AoE defense.  If you go the Tough route you're gonna have 55-58% S/L resist so it's easy to cap that as well.  In an ideal situation you should be able to yeet yourself into the Honoree's face with Lightning Rod during the Lady Grey Task Force and survive long enough for the tank to get there.  The set's in a good position since a lot of lategame stuff deals energy damage, but there's notable exceptions and you can feel it.

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.