Cross Punch interacting with Containment on Controller

Zinnar

So I've been doing some testing because I'm trying to play around with a concept build.

I trained Air Superiority, Boxing, Kick, and Cross Punch on my Ice/Empathy controller.

I noticed something incredibly weird when I went to test out my new powers, however.

I hit a pack of mobs with Frostbite to immobilize them and set up containment.

Air Superiority did double damage.

Boxing did double damage.

Kick did double damage.

Cross Punch...didn't? Like the other attacks, it does "critically hit". That is, it does get an extra tick of damage against contained foes, it's just that unlike all the other powers, this second tick of damage is lower than the first tick for some reason.

I can think of a few explanations off the top of my head. First one being that the second hit from containment is not counting the synergy buffs from training kick and boxing. But, if that were the case, we would expect the second hit to be doing 30% less damage, and that's not the case. It is actually doing about 60% less damage, which makes Cross Punch an incredibly unappealing power for controllers to take.

You can see all of this in my combat log below. My character is level 22, I removed all enhancements from all the powers used, I fought an even-con minion, set up containment, and used Air Superiority, Kick, and Cross Punch in succession. As you can clearly see, Air Sup and Kick hit twice under containment, for the full damage both times.

Cross Punch hits once for full damage, and a second time for about 60% less. It also gets a different combat log entry for the second hit, something that the first two powers don't get.

So, my question is this: Bug or working as intended? If it's working as intended, why is this happening? What's the reasoning behind it?

Thanks in advance!

ZUjXK4j.png