Powerset Concept: Multi-Limbed Melee

Read the full writeup here!

You have more than two arms, allowing you to punch foes twice as fast! Your attacks tend to flow seamlessly into one each other, allowing you to keep your momentum high, and attack aggressively while protecting your weak points.

This powerset features a "combo ability" mechanic: most attacks will give you 1-3 "combo stacks." Some combo stacks let you perform a weaker version of that attack as part of your next attack(s): I.E: the "Whirlwind Strike" is a PBAoE attack that grants you 3 stacks of "Whirlwind Strike Combo". The next 3 times you use a multi-limbed melee power, you will follow up with a weaker version of Whirlwind. Combo stacks from certain abilities just provide buffs instead; i.e Psych Up increases the damage and accuracy of your next 6 attacks, and Suplex makes your next 3 attacks have partial refund on endurance and recharge time.

• Multi-Jab: Melee, Foe Minor Dmg (Smashing), Combo +1: Foe Minor DMG
    Mostly a generic melee attack, though a portion of its damage is offloaded into the combo
  • Guarded Sweep: Melee, Foe Minor Dmg (Smashing), +Def (Melee), Combo +1: Self + Def (Melee)
    An attack that grants a stacking defense buff against melee
  • Whirlwind Strike: PBAoE, Foe Moderate DMG (Smashing), +Res (Melee), Combo +3: PBAoE Foe Minor DMG (Smashing)
    Your main source of AoE damage; this attack hits nearby enemies, and lets you do so again the next 3 times you attack. It also gives Melee resistance!
  • Assassin’s Stranglehold (Stalker): Melee, Special Dmg (Smashing), Knockdown, Hold, Combo +3: Self +DMG
    Special variant of Assassin's Strike; deals less damage, but momentarily restrains the foe and provides a self damage buff
  • Suplex (Non-Stalker): Melee, Foe High Dmg (Smashing), Teleport, Knockdown, Disorient, Combo +3: Self +Rech, +End Reduce
    A powerful attack with a strong CC; makes your next attacks have reduced recharge time and endurance cost
  • Psych Up: Combo +6: Self +DMG, +To-Hit
    Unique variant of Aim: instead of granting a buff that lasts for a few seconds, it empowers your next 6 attacks
  • Eroding Fist: Melee, Foe High DMG (Smashing), -Res (Smashing), Combo +3: Foe Moderate DMG (Smashing), -Res (Smashing)
    Strong melee attack that lets you reduce your foes smashing resistance, so they take even more damage from your next attacks
  • Explosive Combo: Melee, Foe Moderate DMG (Smashing), Combo +1: PBAoE High DMG (Smashing/Fire), Knockup
    This attack would be weak for a T8, but its combo ability is a powerful PBAoE
  • Press the Attack: Ranged, Self Teleport, Foe High DMG (Smashing), Knockback, Combo +3: Foe High DMG (Smashing), Knockback, Self Teleport
    Dash to an opponent, deal high damage, knock them back a short distance, then dash to them again! Rinse and repeat a few times, preventing your foe from fighting back!

Note: I understand animating this powerset would be nigh impossible at the moment, but I make these for fun!

Edited by Varkarrus
  • Like 2

You keep making these and I will keep liking them...To be fair, this might be my least favorite of the ones you've come up with...but the animations would more than make up for my lack of enthusiasm...You and I can keep pretending...

• Like 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting