Tequilla Opening & Closing

Hello fellow Cities Players, I need a little help please. 

Today, the game updated in Tequila, after this update the game loaded up, I logged in and then it crashed. Ever since this I have not been able to load up Tequila. I have restarted my computer several times, when I click on Tequila, it opens up, informs me it is validating and then closes down. 

I have scanned the forums for some help/advice and I cannot seem to find any. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Many thanks

:-)

• Retired Game Master

If Tequila's immediately closing and there's nothing in the Tequila log file that looks suspicious, it's almost always an antivirus scanner or Internet security software forcing it closed.  Set up an exemption for tequila.exe in your AV or firewall.

Additionally, make sure the game isn't installed in a protected place (any place in your Users folder like Documents or Downloads, Program Files, AppData, or the Windows folder).  If it is, move it to a place Windows doesn't restrict; the generic recommendation is C:/Games/City of Heroes/.

10 minutes ago, GM Capocollo said:

If Tequila's immediately closing and there's nothing in the Tequila log file that looks suspicious, it's almost always an antivirus scanner or Internet security software forcing it closed.  Set up an exemption for tequila.exe in your AV or firewall.

Additionally, make sure the game isn't installed in a protected place (any place in your Users folder like Documents or Downloads, Program Files, AppData, or the Windows folder).  If it is, move it to a place Windows doesn't restrict; the generic recommendation is C:/Games/City of Heroes/.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond, I really appreciate it.

I've moved all of the files over and it is still not loading, my AV etc allow it, do you think I should reinstall it again?

Many thanks.