A Blast from the Past

ladiestorm

I don't know if anyone will remember me, but I was one of the first mind/kin controllers on the Guardian Server.  My character's name was Psylanna.  I did manage to raise her all the way to 50, and even joined in some of the Hami Raids.

I've missed CoH/CoV…  my boys were just barely old enough to play the game when it shut down.  I would love to be able to get back into the game, but I have questions I hope someone can answer.

I still have the old game cd.  Is it viable?  Or do we need to get a whole new one?  What are the game requirements?  What is the subscription price?  Is there someplace I can find this information? 

Welcome back!

A few resources for you:

The Reconnect board is where people find old friends from way back.

The Getting Started forum has posts describing how to install the game and how to create an account. The quick and dirty is that your old CDs aren't useful any more. You will download a launcher ("Tequila," assuming you're using a PC) which will download and install the game client files on your machine and will connect that client with the Homecoming game servers. There is no subscription price - the servers are maintained through donation drives that are run each month and limited according to the cost of running the servers for that month. The game requirements are quite lenient - the game can be run on what by todays standards are quite obsolete machines, mainly because... well, the machines we used back on the retail servers are quite obsolete today 😉

Again, welcome back!

Scrap

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome Back to Paragon City, “Once you visit, we know you won’t be leaving (because your being held hostage)”

and @Scrapulousgreat post - +1 inf/rep

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting