Which enhancements in which ST powers on fire/shield?

Ideon

So my final fire/shield scrapper is planned out and I'm approaching 50 for the big respec.  However, I'm still thinking about which enhancements optimally go into which attack powers.  So on my build with Musculature Radial Paragon, I have:

•  Scorch (six slot Mako's Bite, Acc 66.25%/Dam 118.36%/End 66.25%/Rech 66.25%)
  •  Cremate (six slot Superior Critical Strikes. Acc 81.53%/Dam 125.02%/End 49.69%/Rech 99.88%)
  •  Incinerate (five slot Hecatomb. Acc 74.08%/Dam 121.04%/End 41.41%/Rech 97.39 - these are boostered +5 numbers)
  •  Greater Fire Sword (six slot Touch of Death. Acc 43.43%/Dam 120.30%/End 62.73%/Rech 43.43%)

Superior's Scrapper's Strike is in Fire Sword Circle with a Fury of Gladiator -res proc, so it's staying there.

I'm still wondering if Greater Fire Sword should have the Superior Critical Strike for more critical damage.  Which set would you put into which power?

Well, it's somewhat hard to say which sets should go where without seeing your whole build, but I'll try to give you a few pointers.

First of all, the optimal attack chain for Fiery Melee is Cremate - Incinerate - GFS. To achieve gapless you need 240% recharge on GFS, which is probably pretty hard to get with only 43% Rech form ToD, so you're better off swapping it for Hecatomb, putting Mako's in Incinerate and ToD in Scorch. If you can't get to 240%, then you should use Cremate - Incinerate - GFS - FS chain. 

Critical Strikes in Cremate is fine, as the proc boosts the critical hit chance of all attacks that you cast for the next 3 seconds, so you generally want it to fire off before your heavy hitters.

Also, you should swap the -Res proc in FSC for Armageddon proc, or, better yet, 5 pieces of Armageddon + an extra damage proc. The -Res procs in AoE attack are generally useless IMO, as you might not even hit the debuffed target again, so having the extra damage from procs frontloaded is usually better. In general, you only want the -Res in attacks that you use in your single target chains to soften up tough targets like GMs or AVs, but your milage may vary of course.

Here's the planned build I have for my Fire/Shield. It's still a work in progress, as he's stuck in mid 30s, so I might need to do some adjustments once I hit 50. Still, it might give you a couple ideas on how to optimize you build. 

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Edited by Constantine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"First in, Last out"

Motto of Scrappers.

Your build is pretty nice.  Mine was similar, but I shot for 46.5% defences or higher so a small purple could softcap me to incarnate content, but lost out on resistances.  Trying to mix the two together to try to get both worlds, haha.

I was aware of the optimal attack chain and planned to use Scorch as a filler if GFS wasn't available.  Reason why I have -res in FSC is because fire/shield isn't limited to just one PBAoE/AoE, and can follow up with Fireball and Shield Charge, but again, more useful if you're teaming I guess.