Bugged interactions, objectives

LordSqueak

I've been experiencing a lot of crashing since the Maintenance a while back. 

basically it tends to crash to desktop a lot when interacting with mission objectives, one newb alt crashed 3 times in a row trying to do the hellions -> arachnos story. (matthew?) everytime clicking the objective that pops up the (exit) button.   

other times it has crashed when trying to view contacts. 

error code c000000005 (i lost count of the 0's , but if you know what that means, you know what I mean ; )

I'm guessing this is some kind of graphical setting that causes this, because I know I've clicked those things on other alts. 

So I wonder what it could be. 

I usually tweak the transparency to 80% and colors to match whatever colorscheme the hero has.  window size typically 116% and mouse pointer to 125%  (because its hard to see it in busy fights otherwise)

If anyone has any idea what could possibly be the cause ? maybe some similar crashes with other graphics settings? 

• Retired Game Master

Few things to try:

1. Restart your computer then run Tequila's Re-Validation in Tequila's options.

2. Clear the Read Only box on the properties for your COH folder (it will probably re-black box if you go back into properties, but it should clear the flag on any subfolders/files regardless).

3. If you're using an antivirus make sure the COH folder and especially homecoming.exe are set as exceptions so false positives aren't causing your AV to flag anything as read only/quarantined.