Purple Triangles of Doooom

Cix

I've run face-first into the Villain side level band where there are Elite Bosses with the Purple Triangles around every corner (late twenties-mid thirties).  I wanted to refresh my memory on how to handle them.

Is the general advice still to pop a bunch of purple and red inspirations and try to blitz them?  I read somewhere here recently that immobilizes can keep Elite Bosses and to a certain extent Archvillains from directly chewing on my face.  Is that accurate?

Super mega bonus question: how the heck does my hero-side Earth/Earth dominator take down Protean?  My animations are so slow that once the power drain warning is given, it's already too late.  I also have exactly two ranged powers.  Anyone know what the cooldown is on the power drain?  Maybe I can hop in and out of melee before he starts it.  For stubborn pride reasons, I'd like to take him down before the buffs that are currently on the Beta server.

Carry a can of purps and burn them down, you really don't have any other choice. Yes, immobilize (or -Fly with hover, which is my trick) works great, these are effects to which most AVs are not immune. As for Earth/Earth, consider slotting that ST immobilize for damage, and adding it to your ST damage rotation. You're going to want to keep your target rooted anyway, and the base duration should be more than adequate because AV resistance (purple triangles) doesn't cover immobilize.