Why Can't I even LOG IN?

CoH4Ever

I'm not trying to sound whiney, but probably will. I apologize beforehand.

Simple Problem:

I get to the login screen, type in my name and password and get the "account name and/or password do not match." error message. This has happened on 2 accounts as I made another (this one) to try and get in and PLAY.

My Story:

Last week I decided to create an account and see how this project was coming along. I'm an old MMORPG player who has been without a game for almost a decade. I watched with interest as the CoH private server news unfolded. Then the release of the code. I waited a bit to see how things went first, before trying this server out.

I may have messed up by making my first account (AlBQuirky) the same as my global handle, for sometimes that does mess things up. This account I made sure they were different.

Anyway, I've used tequila to download the game (even though I have 3 sets of game discs). I use the SCORE option in tequila and CoH starts. I get to hear that wonderful music again! But then, like a donut shop with an invisible wall around it, I can't get in to play.

I wish I could shoot an e-mail to a help desk or something instead of going to a message board, but I know you folks are super busy trying to keep this thing up and running.

Is there any way I can actually get this resolved so I can play the game again?

- Spike

Just checked (clicking on the Game Account sticky). It said game account created, so I guess no? I clicked on that link before (last week), on both accounts. No I'll go and see if that was it. I'll feel super stupid if it is.

[edit]

That did the trick. I'm scratching my head about how I missed this rather important step. Apologies for my stupidity :)

- Spike

Hi, I'm having some similar issues except I have created a game account before trying to get into the server.  I've double checked the spelling several times and made sure of everything and it still says that the account is either incorrect or not created.  Now, granted this is the second account I have created on this same computer and its for my daughter.  Mine has no issue but the second one seems to have given me no end of issues.  Please help.

Hi, I'm having some similar issues except I have created a game account before trying to get into the server.  I've double checked the spelling several times and made sure of everything and it still says that the account is either incorrect or not created.  Now, granted this is the second account I have created on this same computer and its for my daughter.  Mine has no issue but the second one seems to have given me no end of issues.  Please help.

You need a separate forum account AND game account for each person. If you try to make a second game account on the same forum account, it won't work. You need to log off the forums, make a new forum account for your daughter, then log into that new forum account and make a new game account for her. The system uses BOTH accounts, and they have to match exactly.

I'm out.

You need a separate forum account AND game account for each person. If you try to make a second game account on the same forum account, it won't work. You need to log off the forums, make a new forum account for your daughter, then log into that new forum account and make a new game account for her. The system uses BOTH accounts, and they have to match exactly.

This, the forum account and game account are separate BUT they are linked to one another, so each game account needs its own forum account.

Each new account to play the game you must:

Make a new forum account then click the "game account" thread to make your actual game account.

This link the forum and game accounts.