Linux Gamers?

Sintres

[shadow=black,bottom]Hey All,

Quick question for anyone who games on Linux.. I have a Lenovo Laptop with a NVIDIA 555m GPU that works well in fedora and uses that GPU after hours of configuration lol. My question is has anyone used Wine to get Tequila to work to load and run COH properly? I haven't tried this just yet, wondering before i get home if anyone had issues or it worked.

Thanks![/shadow]

Ubuntu base here with nVidia cards and mine is working.  Created a win32 prefix with dinput8 and dotnet35 and it's working fine.  If you plug in any external monitors or run dual screen set ups, you may also want to run the game full screen and in wine cfg, automatically capture the mouse in full screen windows, otherwise the mouse will wander to one of the other monitors if you are using the right mouse button to look around or turn as you move your character... which can be disconcerting as your character will spin on the spot briefly.

Another slight issue I had was with the mouse pointer locator in gnome, I have enabled the ctrl press to 'show mouse position' and this prevented me from setting auto-powers with ctrl+mouse click.  My workaround for this was to disable this before the game launched and turn it on again afterwards

gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.peripherals.mouse locate-pointer false
WINEPREFIX=~/.wine WINEARCH=win32 wine "~/.wine/drive_c/coh/Tequila.exe"
gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.peripherals.mouse locate-pointer true